Windows 10: Sign in Password for recovery options

Discus and support Sign in Password for recovery options in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to run Startup repair to check a problem but I can't remember my password that it asks for. Running latest update for Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JPickett63, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Sign in Password for recovery options

I need to run Startup repair to check a problem but I can't remember my password that it asks for.

Running latest update for Windows 10

:)

JPickett63, Mar 22, 2021

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Sign in Password for recovery options

Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Sign in Password for recovery options

1. Sign in Password for recovery options - Similar Threads - Sign Password recovery

2. Sign In Option With Password Disappears

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign In Option With Password Disappears: Hello,I have a question. I got notification on my Acer Aspire 5 that said Windows 11 is ready and I could upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. I accepted the offer but not long after that, I had blue screen that said "... Stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". I tried steps on...
  3. Sign In Option With Password Disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign In Option With Password Disappears: Hello,I have a question. I got notification on my Acer Aspire 5 that said Windows 11 is ready and I could upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. I accepted the offer but not long after that, I had blue screen that said "... Stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". I tried steps on...
  4. Sign In Option With Password Disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dont have the Password option in Sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have the Password option in Sign in options: Pls help. I want to change my Password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-the-password-option-in-sign-in-options/7ee7345e-e58a-470d-bef9-f1a480e67db2
  6. Dont have the Password option in Sign in options

Dont have the Password option in Sign in options: Pls help. I want to change my Password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-the-password-option-in-sign-in-options/7ee7345e-e58a-470d-bef9-f1a480e67db2
  7. No option to sign in using password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to sign in using password: In settings, under accounts>sign-in options there isn’t an option to sign in using a passwordletters and numbers etc there are only options to use facial,fingerprint,pincurrently using and security keyphysical key. I want to use the password to sign in. I am on windows 11.pls...
  8. No option to sign in using password

No option to sign in using password: In settings, under accounts>sign-in options there isn’t an option to sign in using a passwordletters and numbers etc there are only options to use facial,fingerprint,pincurrently using and security keyphysical key. I want to use the password to sign in. I am on windows 11.pls...
  9. No option to sign in with password

No option to sign in with password: Hi ALl, I only get the options to sign in to my laptop are fingerprint scanner and the pin. the option for entering the password used to come but doesnt come any more. any help?...
  10. Password sign-in option not showing

Password sign-in option not showing: Hi, To troubleshoot my system, I re-installed Windows 10 Pro and was asked to enter a PIN when Windows restarted mandatory step. I did that; however, I had never used a PIN to sign into my system before. I don't like the fact that PIN became the default and recommended....