Windows 10: Sign in pin not working

Discus and support Sign in pin not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to set a pin and it lets me enter it, confirm it, but then does nothing. It doesn't actually setup the pin just has me enter it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KianAimi, Apr 21, 2020.

1. KianAimi Win User

Sign in pin not working

Hello,

I was trying to set a pin and it lets me enter it, confirm it, but then does nothing. It doesn't actually setup the pin just has me enter it and then doesn't do anything with it.

Ex. I enter 9384 then confirm it again. Press OK. Then it goes back to the settings screen and nothing has changed. If I sign out I have to enter my password and it doesn't allow me to use my pin.

Please help..

Thank you!

:)

KianAimi, Apr 21, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Kim Tiw Win User

Sign in pin not working

Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Sign in pin not working

1. Sign in pin not working - Similar Threads - Sign pin working

2. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in options- pin not working: hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my pin because it says pin unavailable when I open my laptop I sign in with the pin but now I can't remove it, I have a password...
  3. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in options- pin not working: hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my pin because it says pin unavailable when I open my laptop I sign in with the pin but now I can't remove it, I have a password...
  4. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working

Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working: HiMy laptop's fingerprint reader didnt recognise my fingerprint, saying something went wrong on their end. The only other sign in option is pin, which again is not working due to an issue on their end.When trying to recover the account, the recovery email and phone are not...
  6. PIN Sign-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN Sign-in: My computer recently asked me to change my login PIN for my personal computer. It asked me to do this because my organization required a stronger pin. My computer should not be part of an organization, I suspect that it is doing this because I used my school account which has...
  7. PIN not working, no other sign-in options

PIN not working, no other sign-in options: My PIN no longer works on my computer, I can’t access any other sign in options. I have completely reset my computer which did literally nothing aside from delete everything of value on my computer. How can I get into my laptop? All I need is it to ask my password as I...
  8. pin sign in

pin sign in: Hello I want to ask hoe to cancel signing in with pin or password in windows 10 education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in/5f653336-3dba-4308-87b6-9a0389f12123"
  9. Pin to sign in doesn't work

Pin to sign in doesn't work: I need to delete an old printer but can't get into the account created for windows when I set up the pc. A window pops up saying sign in with the pin but it doesn't work. It is not the Microsoft account because I have changed it. How can I recover this pin or change it to...
  10. Sign in pin will not work or pgenit.msc will not work to change options..

Sign in pin will not work or pgenit.msc will not work to change options..: Can anyone help me out been having issues with adding a pin.. I feel like my system has been hacked.. please give me some feed back....