Windows 10: Sign-in PIN/password error

Discus and support Sign-in PIN/password error in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After my last update for Windows April 23 2020 I restarted my pc and when I tried to log in it didn't work even though I put my PIN and password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Robert Dodan, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Sign-in PIN/password error

After my last update for Windows April 23 2020 I restarted my pc and when I tried to log in it didn't work even though I put my PIN and password correctly. I can't go pass security check, and I can't access any commands from my PC.

Error I got:

Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.

I tried different things from Youtube but none of them were working.

:)

Robert Dodan, Apr 23, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Sign-in PIN/password error

Want to sign on with PIN instead of Password

Thank you for your reply Person.

Glad to know that the Pop up with the password manager is disabled with the above suggestion.

Try the below suggestions to fix the issue with Signing in using PIN authentication.

Steps 1: Launch the File Explorer.

Step 2: Browse to this location, and delete the contents of the folder.

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

Step 3: Go to Settings (Press Windows
    and I key), Accounts > Sign in Options.

Step 4: Click on Add a PIN and set your PIN.

Step 5: Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Sign-in PIN/password error

1. Sign-in PIN/password error - Similar Threads - Sign PIN password

2. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  3. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  4. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN: so when I shut down my laptop, I came back to it and tried to login with my pin. it says "your password has been changed on a different device. you must sign in to this device once your with your new password, and then you can sign in with your pin.To reset my password, i...
  6. Switch from password to pin sign in.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch from password to pin sign in.: I cant seem to get my Windows 10 computer to allow me to use a pin. Ive followed the instructions to add a pin but it still requires a password. I actually had a pin access until I reset my computer. Now it wont let me do it. I deleted my old pin and added a new one but...
  7. Sign in Password, then pin

Sign in Password, then pin: Is this possible? > Computer booting from OFF not sleep, require full password. then, > Computer waking from sleep, require pin only. I don't want to use pin all the time because it seems like it's less secure having 4 digits to guess rather than an entire password....
  8. No Pin or Password Sign-In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No Pin or Password Sign-In: This is just one of many annoying features of Windows. Can someone...ANYONE tell me how to turn this **** off for once and for all? I am the only user and I don't need a password....
  9. Fix 0x8009002d error when you sign in using PIN or Password

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 0x8009002d error when you sign in using PIN or Password: [ATTACH] Error 0x8009002d occurs when you try to sign in to your computer after it wakes up from Sleep or Hibernate using a PIN or Password, as well as when changing your PIN. If you receive this error, the first thing you [...] This post Fix 0x8009002d error when you sign...
  10. Want to sign on with PIN instead of Password

Want to sign on with PIN instead of Password: I had that annoying and popular problem from HP Client Security asking me to remember passwords, so I signed onto HP Client Security to turn it off. In doing that, I put set up my Windows password. Now, no matter what settings I change (in both the HP Client Security or on...