Windows 10: Sign in problem

Discus and support Sign in problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. I have a new laptop with Windows 10. For 4 days now neither myself nor my wife can sign into our outlook accounts. When we attempt to do so we get... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Robert Avery, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Sign in problem

Hi. I have a new laptop with Windows 10. For 4 days now neither myself nor my wife can sign into our outlook accounts. When we attempt to do so we get a message which says 'Windows is unable to connect to a client policy service'. The internet works fine but neither of us can access our Hotmail accounts, though mine works fine from my mobile phone. Any suggestions as to what to do about this please? Is it my computer or a connection issue outside my control?Regards, Robert & Janet Avery, Carluke, Scotland

:)

Robert Avery, Aug 9, 2016

2. Computer sign in problem - Microsoft can't sign in

Every time I turn off/put to sleep my computer, I try to log in to my account, but it doesn't work and brings up a blue screen saying Microsoft can't access my account. It then ask me to sign in to my account, I enter my password and it says "use windows
    hello or enter your pin" so I click next and it says something about it not working (it doesn't even let me put in my pin) so I skip this step and it brings me to a temporary log in and says it can't access my account (again). My question is what do I have
    to do for it to make me able to sign in without it resetting and bugging every time? is there a problem with corruption? Is my account having problems? I scanned my computer with 2 different programs and found no corruption and no malware software. If anyone
    faced these problems and found a solution or if someone knows what's wrong, please help. Thank you.

DanickPitre, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Jane Lla Win User
    Computer sign in problem - Microsoft can't sign in

Hello,

To isolate the issue, have you tried signing in your Microsoft account to other services using a different device?

Also, confirm the following:

• Any changes made prior to the issue?

• Provide us the complete error message for us to further check.

Furthermore, we suggest starting your PC in
    safe mode
    and check if you experience the same issue.

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Aug 9, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Sign in problem

Hi Robert and welcome to Tenforums.

Please try turning off Fast Startup, and give the system a few good shutdowns (not restarts).
    Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

To understand what this is/does (it was first introduced in Windows 8):
    “Fast Startup (aka: hybrid boot or hybrid Shutdown) is a new feature in Windows 8 to help your PC start up faster after shutting down. When turned on, Windows 8 does this by using a hybrid shutdown (a partial hibernate) method that saves only the kernel session and device drivers (system information) to the hibernate (hiberfil.sys) file on disk instead of closing it when you shut down your PC. This also makes the hiberfil.sys file to be much smaller than what hibernate would use (often 4GB or more). When you start your PC again, Windows 8 uses that saved system information to resume your system instead of having to do a cold boot to fully restart it. Using this technique with boot gives a significant advantage for boot times, since reading the hiberfile in and reinitializing drivers is much faster on most systems (30-70% faster on most systems tested). If you have a motherboard with UEFI, then fast startup will be even faster.”

simrick, Aug 9, 2016
  5. Many thanks. This seems to have done the trick.

Robert Avery, Aug 9, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Excellent news, Robert! Please mark the thread as solved. Cheers! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sign in problem

1. Sign in problem - Similar Threads - Sign problem

2. Windows hello sign-in option problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello sign-in option problem: Sign in options Windows hello, facial recognition, fingerprint and PIN are showing "something went wrong. Try again later." I already tried a method stating Remove fingerprint, PIN then restart your computer. This method did not help and still shows the same statement...
  3. Windows hello sign-in option problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello sign-in option problem: Sign in options Windows hello, facial recognition, fingerprint and PIN are showing "something went wrong. Try again later." I already tried a method stating Remove fingerprint, PIN then restart your computer. This method did not help and still shows the same statement...
  4. signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?: Hi, I bought a new laptop. When I want to turn it on, it always ask me to enter my Microsoft account number and I have to connect to a WIFI and enter my account detail. I don't want it every time and also I do not want to connect to the internet every time. How can I solve...
  5. signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?

signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?: Hi, I bought a new laptop. When I want to turn it on, it always ask me to enter my Microsoft account number and I have to connect to a WIFI and enter my account detail. I don't want it every time and also I do not want to connect to the internet every time. How can I solve...
  6. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem: Hi.I need help with the sign into this computer using your Microsoft account screen. I know your supposed to put your old local account password, but I forgot mine. Can anybody help?...
  7. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem: Hi.I need help with the sign into this computer using your Microsoft account screen. I know your supposed to put your old local account password, but I forgot mine. Can anybody help?...
  8. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem

9. Yahoo Sign Mail Problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Yahoo Sign Mail Problem: Looks like we can't get you in your account on this device. Please try signing in from the device you use most often.Start overthis message happen during signing in my Yahoo maili tried several browseralso i used same pcand tried with new pcplz help...
  10. Yahoo Sign Mail Problem

Yahoo Sign Mail Problem: Looks like we can't get you in your account on this device. Please try signing in from the device you use most often.Start overthis message happen during signing in my Yahoo maili tried several browseralso i used same pcand tried with new pcplz help...