Windows 10: Sign-in process initialization failure error (please help)

Discus and support Sign-in process initialization failure error (please help) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good afternoon all, I am currently running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and am running into the error on start up that states: Interacitve sign-in process... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by maxpowersxj9, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Sign-in process initialization failure error (please help)

Good afternoon all, I am currently running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and am running into the error on start up that states:
    Interacitve sign-in process initialization has failed. Please check the event log for details.

I am at my wits end with this, I have tried doing booting into safe mode but I reach the same error message, start up repair fails stating that no changes have been made. I even tried to reset the PC aka reinstall windows through the troubleshoot options and it fails at around 38%. I am currently attempting a system restore from a point that I know works but it has been on restoring files for the last 15ish mins. The last thing that I did on my comp before the issues occured was use the MSI update checker thing and I believe that it may have updated something but I'm not certain. One last thing that I can remember that happened before the issue was that my desktop wouldn't respond and had the hourglass cursor when ever I moved over it.

I apologize if this post seems messy or unorganized, I am very flustered right now and any and all help would be appreciated.

My PC specs are as follows:
    Mobo: ASRock H97 Pro
    CPU: i5-4460
    GPU: MSI GTX-960 4GB
    Ram: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB
    HDD: WD Blue 1TB

Edit: System Restore failed while restoring the Directory from the restore point. Source: AppxStaging
    Destination: %programfiles%\WindowsApps
    An unspecified error occured during System Restore (0x80070091)

:)

maxpowersxj9, Apr 2, 2016

2. "Sign-in process initialization failure" error message on Windows 10.

Hi,

Please reply to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• What are the methods tried to resolve the above issue?
    • Did you try booting the computer in Safe mode?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

If haven’t tried, boot the computer in Safe mode with networking and check if similar issue persists on the computer.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using. Logging into
    Safe mode will help in diagnosing if the issue is caused due to the corrupted user profile or the services disabled on the PC.

Select appropriate options to boot the computer into Safe Mode.
    Reboot the computer to exit from Safe mode.

To know more about Safe mode, refer to the article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode).

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the above issue on the computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 2, 2016
  3. "Sign-in process initialization failure" error message on Windows 10.

Original title: Sign-in process initialization failure

Before I get into the details, I want anyone reading this to know I've already watched multiple videos, read multiple threads and articles, and have spent hours trying to fix this error with my computer. My scenario may be slightly different, as I'm unsure
    why nothing is working. Anyway...

I was on my Windows 10 computer, just browsing the web. I left the room for a few minutes and when I returned, all I saw was a black screen with a small white box in the center.

The top of the box reads "Sign-in process initialization failure", under that it reads "Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed. Please check the event log for details."

My mouse and keyboard were unresponsive until I Alt+tabbed onto the box. But after doing this, it doesn't matter how many times I press enter, the box will disappear for a mere second before coming back onto the screen.

I tried resetting my computer, and was taking to a blue screen with a bunch of different options. (I can't remember exactly what they were) I went through every single one and tried to repair my computer, scan my computer, restart it in various ways. I used
    a post on this site to guide me through the CMD, but my computer wouldn't respond to things properly.

Now, I'm back on the black screen with the box, but no matter what I do, this is the only screen displayed. Restarting my computer only takes me back here. If I was confused before, now I am truly lost.

Again, I do have Windows 10. Microsoft installed it for me on my computer and I was too lazy to be rid of it.

I'm really confused as to:

1.) What actually even happened or caused this so suddenly? Could it be a virus? Was I negligent in some way?

2.) How do I go about fixing this problem?

3.) How can I prevent this in the future?

Heir of Isildur, Apr 2, 2016
Thema:

Sign-in process initialization failure error (please help)

1. Sign-in process initialization failure error (please help) - Similar Threads - Sign process initialization

2. Interactive sign in process initialization has failed ,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Interactive sign in process initialization has failed ,: how to fix this issue it has came while I was resetting my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/interactive-sign-in-process-initialization-has/174ebd2f-2563-4263-9f3d-f0e540e89eaa
  3. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in process initialization failure.: I recently have purchased and built a new gaming PC abd have only owned it for a few days now. It is a MSI B550 motherboard that has a Windows 10 OSWithout key.When I powered it on today, I was greeted with the message "Sign in process initialization failure." It will not...
  4. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in process initialization failure.: I recently have purchased and built a new gaming PC abd have only owned it for a few days now. It is a MSI B550 motherboard that has a Windows 10 OSWithout key.When I powered it on today, I was greeted with the message "Sign in process initialization failure." It will not...
  5. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Sign-in process initialization failed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sign-in process initialization failed: sign-in process initialization failure Interactive sign in process initialization has failed. It is on a black screen at power up. I have tried to hit ALT & TAB the dialog box closes but immediately comes back somewhere else on the screen. How can I a semi-computer...
  7. interactive sign in process initialization has failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    interactive sign in process initialization has failed: I restarted my computer last night and when I went to log back in the words ‘interactive sign in process initialization has failed’ showed up, no way to get around it. I tried the Alt + Tab Enter and it didn’t work. I tried the Advanced Options Command Prompt. I have no clue...
  8. Sign-in process initialization error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign-in process initialization error: Getting the above error on my Gateway laptop. Tried the repair mechanisms inside win 10, including SFC, all to no avail. Unless someone has another suggestion, my option seems to be restoration from an image using 3rd party software i have EaseUS and Idrive. Both of those...
  9. Sign-in process initialization failure

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in process initialization failure: Message popped up (computer hadn't been used in several days, just noticed it when I was straightening up the desk it was on): Sign-in process initialization failure- Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed. (OK box) Facts: -Bought September 24, 2018...
  10. Sign-in process initialization failure on logout

in Windows 10 Support
    Sign-in process initialization failure on logout: Have you ever seen this? [img] "Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed" - this message box appears sometimes when I logout from a user account. It is very intermittent. And it feels like it usually happens when the system install is fresh, becoming more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in initialization error for windows 10