Windows 10: Sign-in process initialization failure on logout

Discus and support Sign-in process initialization failure on logout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have you ever seen this? [img] "Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed" - this message box appears sometimes when I logout from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AndreyT, Nov 18, 2015.

1. AndreyT Win User

Sign-in process initialization failure on logout

Have you ever seen this?

Sign-in process initialization failure on logout [​IMG]

"Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed" - this message box appears sometimes when I logout from a user account. It is very intermittent. And it feels like it usually happens when the system install is fresh, becoming more and more rare as the install "matures". I saw it happen on a fresh install of pre-1511 Windows 10 Pro. I saw it happen on a fresh install of post-1511 Windows 10 Pro.

The message box pops up on black screen. It seems to be non-responsive at first (and there's no mouse pointer), but if one waits about 30 seconds it seems to come alive an allows one to dismiss it. The system then proceeds to the regular welcome screen and seems to work fine after that.

Despite the suggestion to "check event log", there's nothing in the Event Log to directly tie to this matter.

Originally I thought that this is a side effect of something I did during sysprep (relocation of 'Users' folder), but I just observed this very thing on a brand new Lenovo ThinkPad laptop that had nothing to do with me at all (and nothing is relocated on that laptop).

This issue might be related to the well-known problem with OneDrive services crashing when user logs out (with corresponding entries in the Event Log), but that's just a guess.

Is there any conclusive information about potential sources of this problem?

:)

AndreyT, Nov 18, 2015
  2. Elliottj Win User

Sign-In Process Initialization Failure

Venkatesh,

Thanks for the idea, but I have been having this problem from 8.1 update (from 8.0) starting in Nov. 2015.

I first did the scans, DISM.s a few times as suggested by supporters with no change is prgm error.

After windows update to 10.0 the baggage came with the new release and a corruptions of the ISO, or a complete failure of windows 10.0. I was lucky to be able to link to help desk to assist is loading the ISO from Microsoft web site, once, to clean out
    the system about 90% and a second time to have a clean ISO load.

Winlogon still did not work correctly, but gave up on the help desk, they could not debug anything. The final ISO load was clean and I have not had any system failures only errors for nviddmkm, apps microsoft=messaging,

My assumption is Power Management and Winlogon.Dll are just out of sync. driven by a registry entry in error or missing.

I am not interested in debugging system code even though I did for XP years ago.

As many issues were present with prior win releases, win 10.0 is the best so far, but this is a system issue and needs the tech programmers to trace the code issue and fix it.

J.

Elliottj, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Elliottj Win User
    Sign-In Process Initialization Failure

David Dickinson,

Thanks I will try it when it occurs again.

I have had one more issue related to the sign-out. After the 1/13 updates, I have gotten 3 sign out "deep blue" non responsive screens with the 90 sec delay type for which I assume it is related to the 90 sec box.

I have been careful not to sign out too quickly from any of my active accounts looking at the disk % active and have not had the "box of Death" appear for two days. Yea!

I also have a few remaining issues with win-10. After the third time re-installing win-10, most of the major failures were fixed of which was the system update.

Issues: 1. DistributedCom failure: 10005,10010 and 10016 over 700 in 7 days that's about 10 a day

issues: 2. Service Control Manager 7031 about 113 over 7 days.

Issues: 3. Schannel 36870 bout 30 over 7 days.

Issues: 3. Apps 5973 22 over 7 days.

All have been reported with comments from do this, to forget about it if its not a "blue screen" If I get a blue screen, I'm on it like a fly to the Century Plant.

I had the Nvidia nvlddmkm show up each start-up, but a poster noted to "uninstall the screen driver" and restart. That has fixed that. I fought the nvlddmkm for months in win-7 finally, fixed it with an a copy of it from an older update.

J.

Elliottj, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

Sign-in process initialization failure on logout

1. Sign-in process initialization failure on logout - Similar Threads - Sign process initialization

2. Interactive sign in process initialization has failed ,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Interactive sign in process initialization has failed ,: how to fix this issue it has came while I was resetting my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/interactive-sign-in-process-initialization-has/174ebd2f-2563-4263-9f3d-f0e540e89eaa
  3. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in process initialization failure.: I recently have purchased and built a new gaming PC abd have only owned it for a few days now. It is a MSI B550 motherboard that has a Windows 10 OSWithout key.When I powered it on today, I was greeted with the message "Sign in process initialization failure." It will not...
  4. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in process initialization failure.: I recently have purchased and built a new gaming PC abd have only owned it for a few days now. It is a MSI B550 motherboard that has a Windows 10 OSWithout key.When I powered it on today, I was greeted with the message "Sign in process initialization failure." It will not...
  5. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Sign-in process initialization failed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sign-in process initialization failed: sign-in process initialization failure Interactive sign in process initialization has failed. It is on a black screen at power up. I have tried to hit ALT & TAB the dialog box closes but immediately comes back somewhere else on the screen. How can I a semi-computer...
  7. interactive sign in process initialization has failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    interactive sign in process initialization has failed: I restarted my computer last night and when I went to log back in the words ‘interactive sign in process initialization has failed’ showed up, no way to get around it. I tried the Alt + Tab Enter and it didn’t work. I tried the Advanced Options Command Prompt. I have no clue...
  8. Sign-in process initialization error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign-in process initialization error: Getting the above error on my Gateway laptop. Tried the repair mechanisms inside win 10, including SFC, all to no avail. Unless someone has another suggestion, my option seems to be restoration from an image using 3rd party software i have EaseUS and Idrive. Both of those...
  9. Sign-in process initialization failure

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in process initialization failure: Message popped up (computer hadn't been used in several days, just noticed it when I was straightening up the desk it was on): Sign-in process initialization failure- Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed. (OK box) Facts: -Bought September 24, 2018...
  10. Sign-in process initialization failure error (please help)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-in process initialization failure error (please help): Good afternoon all, I am currently running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and am running into the error on start up that states: Interacitve sign-in process initialization has failed. Please check the event log for details. I am at my wits end with this, I have tried doing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. interactive process initialization failure حل مشكلة

2. interactive sign-in process initialization has failed winlogon dies windows 10

3. acer aspire switch 10 problems interactive sign in process initialization failed

4. What could be the problem when a laptop gives a message interactive sign-in process initialization has failed