Windows 10: Sign-in process initialization failure

Discus and support Sign-in process initialization failure in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Message popped up (computer hadn't been used in several days, just noticed it when I was straightening up the desk it was on): Sign-in process... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ACH-SK, Nov 17, 2018.

1. ACH-SK Win User

Sign-in process initialization failure

Message popped up (computer hadn't been used in several days, just noticed it when I was straightening up the desk it was on):

Sign-in process initialization failure-

Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed. (OK box)

Facts:

-Bought September 24, 2018

-Preloaded with Windows 10 (no recovery disk in the package)

-Mouse is locked out so cannot press 'OK' using it and no cursor present for use with the finger/key pad (pressing 'enter' has no effect)

-Do not know how to get past this message to attempt any of the suggested start up repairs, clean boot, etc.

Any suggestions?

:)

ACH-SK, Nov 17, 2018

2. sign-in process initialization failure

I have an Acer One

Recently the system boots to the "sign-in process initialization failure" message and will not respond to any key strokes.

I've tried booting using F2, F12, Del and may other keystrokes to no avail. I've tried booting with a Windows 10 boot disk and boot usb and get the same message. It appears to ignore the external boot drives.

I removed the cables to the HDD and nothing happens while trying to boot. I thought this would force the system into the CMOS setup.

I removed the battery for 1 hour and then tried but the system will not go into the CMOS setup no matter what I try.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Help Please!

PapaS_0408, Nov 17, 2018
  3. AndreyT Win User
    Sign-in process initialization failure on logout

Have you ever seen this?

Sign-in process initialization failure [​IMG]

"Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed" - this message box appears sometimes when I logout from a user account. It is very intermittent. And it feels like it usually happens when the system install is fresh, becoming more and more rare as the install "matures". I saw it happen on a fresh install of pre-1511 Windows 10 Pro. I saw it happen on a fresh install of post-1511 Windows 10 Pro.

The message box pops up on black screen. It seems to be non-responsive at first (and there's no mouse pointer), but if one waits about 30 seconds it seems to come alive an allows one to dismiss it. The system then proceeds to the regular welcome screen and seems to work fine after that.

Despite the suggestion to "check event log", there's nothing in the Event Log to directly tie to this matter.

Originally I thought that this is a side effect of something I did during sysprep (relocation of 'Users' folder), but I just observed this very thing on a brand new Lenovo ThinkPad laptop that had nothing to do with me at all (and nothing is relocated on that laptop).

This issue might be related to the well-known problem with OneDrive services crashing when user logs out (with corresponding entries in the Event Log), but that's just a guess.

Is there any conclusive information about potential sources of this problem?

AndreyT, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Sign-in process initialization failure

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Sign-in process initialization failure

1. Sign-in process initialization failure - Similar Threads - Sign process initialization

2. Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed please check the event log for details

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed please check the event log for details: hello, i need help to get into my PC. I am getting the sign-in process initialization failure. I have rebooted the computer several times, still getting the same message. Click on OK and it locks my computer screen. i unplug the computer and replugged still getting error....
  3. signing into my desk top initially

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signing into my desk top initially: i have forgotten the initial password to sign into my dell/acer computer can you help or will I have to find someone to reset it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-into-my-desk-top-initially/4735e0fc-4211-4bba-afa6-858f66e92510
  4. Process 1 initialization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Process 1 initialization failed: Hello, I have an Asus N750J and it was freezing a lot and therefore I went online and followed some tutorials to fix this issue. This went pretty well and improvement was made until apparently a fatal error had been made. On this website I was looking through the steps:...
  5. Resetting Win10 initial sign-on screen password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting Win10 initial sign-on screen password: I used to change my initial sign-on password every month. When I turn on, picture would turn on and space to enter password was there. Now the system will not let me change that password. I followed the directions and I have done this for years, but now it will not let me...
  6. "interactive sign-in process initialization has failed",

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "interactive sign-in process initialization has failed",: I'm using Windows 10 home with latedt update. Last night there was logging out problem. And this morning I've not been able to login again to my laptop. The pop-up notification is "interactive sign-in process initialization has failed". The notification remains on the black...
  7. Sign-in process initialization failure error (please help)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-in process initialization failure error (please help): Good afternoon all, I am currently running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and am running into the error on start up that states: Interacitve sign-in process initialization has failed. Please check the event log for details. I am at my wits end with this, I have tried doing...
  8. Sign-in initialization fail

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-in initialization fail: Hey When i try to log in i get error: Sign-in process initialization failure Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed. Please check the event log for details. Have already tried startup repair and almost everything i found on internet including...
  9. Logon Process Initialization Failure (occasionaly while loging off)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Logon Process Initialization Failure (occasionaly while loging off): I get the message: "Interactive logon Initialisation process has failed." This occurs only once in a while, while login off from a user. I get a black screen with a dialogue box with the message and an OK button. I can't click the OK button and need to do a reset because the...
  10. Sign-in process initialization failure on logout

in Windows 10 Support
    Sign-in process initialization failure on logout: Have you ever seen this? [img] "Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed" - this message box appears sometimes when I logout from a user account. It is very intermittent. And it feels like it usually happens when the system install is fresh, becoming more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. interactive sign-in process initialization has failed

2. sign in process initialization failure

3. interactive sign in process initialization has failed

4. sign-in process initialization failure windows 10,
  5. lenovo cant boot windows 10 sign in process initialization failure,
  6. sign-in process initialization failure,
  7. what my cause laptop sign in process initialization failure,
  8. interactive sign in process has failed,
  9. interactive sign in process,
  10. sign-in process initialization failure windows 10 osd,
  11. how to fix sign in process initialization failure,
  12. fix interactive sign in process initialization has failed. please check the event log for details,
  13. interactive sign-in process initialization has failed in windows 8,
  14. Computer sign in process initialization failure and screen black,
  15. interactive sign-in process initialization has failed cancel error message