Windows 10: Sign-in Questions

Discus and support Sign-in Questions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have new Win 10, v1909, desktop (Dell). I already had Dell laptop with Win 7 that I converted to Win 10 when that option was provided. That version... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Topdrawer, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Topdrawer Win User

Sign-in Questions

I have new Win 10, v1909, desktop (Dell). I already had Dell laptop with Win 7 that I converted to Win 10 when that option was provided. That version is 1809. The laptop version did not require a pin or password. All I do is click sign-in. However, the new desktop requires a pin (or password) to sign in. I contacted Dell Support when I began setting up the desktop and was told I had to use one or the other. Now I wonder if that is an absolute or if I misunderstood the "if" of that requirement?

:)

Topdrawer, Jan 13, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 13, 2020
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Sign-in Questions

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Sign-in Questions

1. Sign-in Questions - Similar Threads - Sign Questions

2. Sign-in Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Sign-in Questions: I have new Win 10, v1909, desktop (Dell). I already had Dell laptop with Win 7 that I converted to Win 10 when that option was provided. That version is 1809. The laptop version did not require a pin or password. All I do is click sign-in. However, the new desktop requires a...
  3. Question about Office Sign In

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Office Sign In: I'm using a local account on my PC. If I signed in to Microsoft Office, would my local account become a Microsoft one? Would I be signed in to other services (like OneDrive), or would I only be signed in to Office? I'm hoping for the latter. submitted by...
  4. New Windows 10 Computer. Sign In Question.

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Windows 10 Computer. Sign In Question.: Hi Folks, I have a Brand New Windows 10 Computer. Turned it on and Sign In screen says Sign in with Microsoft. Does not let me Skip this step. I have purchased the Computer for a Friend and the Friend does not have a Microsoft, Hotmail, Outlook account. So what are my...
  5. Question: Why is there a limit of three phone numbers I can have on my account to sign into...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question: Why is there a limit of three phone numbers I can have on my account to sign into...: Right now, I have three phone numbers, all on my personal Microsoft account, my iPhone 6s Plus, my Google Voice, and my TalkU account. I want to add a fourth one so I can be sure I don't get locked out of my account if anything were to happen to those three phone numbers,...
  6. Question after switching back to Local Account Sign in on my laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question after switching back to Local Account Sign in on my laptop: Hi all, Today Ive just switched my Microsoft Account Sign-in method on my laptop over to Local Account sign in instead. I realise that my Microsoft Account will now be unlinked from my laptop so the benefit I had when signing in with a Microsoft Account of having the ability...
  7. Question: I don’t see my account screen to sign in after upgrading to Windows 10 October...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question: I don’t see my account screen to sign in after upgrading to Windows 10 October...: I just upgraded to Windows 10 October 2018 update, but when my computer boots to the sign in screen, the option to sign in is not available. I only see my lock screen background....
  8. Question: I cannot sign in after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question: I cannot sign in after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809.: I am getting an error message that my password is incorrect after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. I have checked to make sure the password is correct....
  9. Chinese alphabet signs in EU Windows 10 PRO update? Security matter question.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese alphabet signs in EU Windows 10 PRO update? Security matter question.: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 PRO 64bit system installed on ssd drive. Recently i noticed that something was draining my disk space. I was pretty sure that are old backup files of Win10 update. I started cleansing them via control panel Disk Cleanup. It calculated around 6,5...
  10. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions: Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I...