Windows 10: sign-in requirements

Discus and support sign-in requirements in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Before the last recent update of Windows I would sign into my account either with my fingerprint or with my PIN. Since some days after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ioanna Kolokytha, Jun 21, 2022.

1. sign-in requirements

Hello,Before the last recent update of Windows I would sign into my account either with my fingerprint or with my PIN. Since some days after the update, every time I scan my finger successfully my PIN is also asked to unlock Windows. I checked the sign in requirements in the Settings and could not change this. How could I make my fingerprint be sufficient again on its own to sign in?Thank you in advance!Ioanna

:)

Ioanna Kolokytha, Jun 21, 2022

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 21, 2022
  3. signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 21, 2022
  4. Lee101 Win User

sign-in requirements

Windows 10 sign in requirement

Microsoft should make the W10 sign in requirement optional. I can understand the security necessity in an office or other working environment, but there are many situations where this type of security is not an issue and the sign in is just an added inconvenience.
    I was able to remove my W10 PIN Sign-in in at Sign in Options under Accounts. However, that created an even greater nuisance by requiring my Microsoft account sign in. I noticed an earlier post has outlined steps to remove the account sign in using netplwiz and some registry mods. Is this the way I should proceed now to get W10 to come from boots and sleep without human intervention ?

Lee101, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

sign-in requirements

1. sign-in requirements - Similar Threads - sign requirements

2. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.: When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably with a PIN. I have set up the PIN option in Sign in options but it doesn't stop at the log in, just bypasses it. How do I...
  3. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.: When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably with a PIN. I have set up the PIN option in Sign in options but it doesn't stop at the log in, just bypasses it. How do I...
  4. Assistance Required: Multiple Unsuccessful Sign-In Attempts from Various Global Locations

Assistance Required: Multiple Unsuccessful Sign-In Attempts from Various Global Locations: Hi Microsoft Community, I am reaching out for assistance regarding unusual activity on my Microsoft account, which I have noticed in my recent activity log. Despite not using a VPN service, I am seeing many repeated unsuccessful sign-in attempts from many locations globally....
  5. Assistance Required: Multiple Unsuccessful Sign-In Attempts from Various Global Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance Required: Multiple Unsuccessful Sign-In Attempts from Various Global Locations: Hi Microsoft Community, I am reaching out for assistance regarding unusual activity on my Microsoft account, which I have noticed in my recent activity log. Despite not using a VPN service, I am seeing many repeated unsuccessful sign-in attempts from many locations globally....
  6. How do I turn off required sign-in to my microsoft account to use my laptop? Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I turn off required sign-in to my microsoft account to use my laptop? Windows 10: I arrive at work, hit the power button on my new laptop lenovo ideapad, if that matters - and I have to sign into my microsoft account with a code sent to my email to do anything. Obviously, this is an unnecessary bit of hassle even when I have access to wi-fi, and absolutely...
  7. Getting signed out of Microsoft Account after sometime requiring sign-in again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting signed out of Microsoft Account after sometime requiring sign-in again: I have this recurring issue in my Surface Laptop Studio 2, where I am getting signed out of my Microsoft account after some time, and then I have to log in again. The details in the event viewer is as follows, please let me know how to fix the issue.General======Failure to...
  8. Getting signed out of Microsoft Account after sometime requiring sign-in again

Getting signed out of Microsoft Account after sometime requiring sign-in again: I have this recurring issue in my Surface Laptop Studio 2, where I am getting signed out of my Microsoft account after some time, and then I have to log in again. The details in the event viewer is as follows, please let me know how to fix the issue.General======Failure to...
  9. Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN: Hi All,Having a weird experience every time my computer sleeps.Every time my computer sleeps I do not have the option to submit a PIN or my fingerprint like I did previously. It now just displays "Sign In" and after pressing, the screen blacks out, then says "Just a...
  10. Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN

Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN: Hi All,Having a weird experience every time my computer sleeps.Every time my computer sleeps I do not have the option to submit a PIN or my fingerprint like I did previously. It now just displays "Sign In" and after pressing, the screen blacks out, then says "Just a...