Windows 10: Sign-in Requiring Password

Discus and support Sign-in Requiring Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am signed in to a local account as administrator. Under If you've been away, when should Windows require a sign-in, Never is selected. I was forced... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jawjahpeach, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Sign-in Requiring Password

I am signed in to a local account as administrator. Under If you've been away, when should Windows require a sign-in, Never is selected. I was forced to set up windows 10 using my windows account and to set a pin. I subsequently changed to a local account. Why does windows offer the Never setting then ignore it and require me to use a pin to sign in? How to I fix this to suit my needs, not what microsoft thinks is best for me?

:)

jawjahpeach, Mar 8, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 8, 2020
  3. password requirement after sleep

To assist you with your concern, you may refer to the steps below on how to skip password prompt after sleep:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Choose Never from the drop-down menu under Require sign-in to complete the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Sign-in Requiring Password

Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Sign-in Requiring Password

1. Sign-in Requiring Password - Similar Threads - Sign Requiring Password

2. Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In: I cannot change the Account > Sign In Options > "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" The option is greyed out with "Authentication is not required when this PC wakes from sleep.I don't know who in their right mind would want their PC to...
  3. Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In: I cannot change the Account > Sign In Options > "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" The option is greyed out with "Authentication is not required when this PC wakes from sleep.I don't know who in their right mind would want their PC to...
  4. sign-in requirements

sign-in requirements: Hello,Before the last recent update of Windows I would sign into my account either with my fingerprint or with my PIN. Since some days after the update, every time I scan my finger successfully my PIN is also asked to unlock Windows. I checked the sign in requirements in the...
  5. Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  6. Require sign-in

Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  7. Password required at each sign in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required at each sign in.: How can I bypass requirements of entering password with each start up of the computer. Netplwiz no longer shows [ ] box to untick to disallow other persons signing in....
  8. Can't disable "Sign-in password required"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable "Sign-in password required": Windows 10 Pro version 1909, build 18363.535. Up until recently I wasn't required to enter a password to log in, this is my personal computer at home. I had added my old job's email address a bit ago, but I no longer work there. It wasn't letting me remove it and kept...
  9. Admin password required for sign-in password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339
  10. Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password: New Windows 10 Home desktop. I put in Carol when it asked who would use the computer. After a restart, it showed Carol and Welcome, then I could just click on it and use it. The only user was Carol and no password was needed. That was OK. I set a system restore point,...