Windows 10: Sign-in screen informs of incorrect password

Discus and support Sign-in screen informs of incorrect password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello the experts on Microsoft community, Today, I faced a strange situation on my windows 10 desktop PC. My PC has an electricity shutdown. When it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Literary Programmer, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Sign-in screen informs of incorrect password

Hello the experts on Microsoft community,

Today, I faced a strange situation on my windows 10 desktop PC. My PC has an electricity shutdown. When it was started, it informed that my MS account password was incorrect. Before I could complete the authentication, the authentication screen disappeared. I have descried the whole scenario below. Please review it and provide me with the suggestion that whether I need to change the password of my Microsoft account on not.

I started my computer. when it reached on the desktop, the unexpected electricity shut-down occurred. When it restored, I started my computer again. It showed as if something was being updated. When it reached at sign-in screen, it alerted that the Microsoft account password was incorrect.

I added my email and password and pressed the next button. It asked me to confirm which method I wanted to confirm my identity with.

I chose to email me the code. From my phone, I logged in to my email account and looked for the code that was sent to me.

Before I add the security code, the screen just disappeared automatically as if there was no monitor connected. I used the screen reader to check whether the PC was running.

The screen reader was working fine and it asked me to enter my regular pin. When I entered it, the login screen passed and it reached on desktop. The monitor wasn't showing any image display, but the screen reader was reading out the name of controls and was working properly.

I commanded to restart. It restarted and had the proper restart. I logened to my account with the old pin. Now, I am using the same machine to type the question.

I want to confirm whether it was a virus that attempted to steal my login credentials, or it was some issue with the windows setup.

Some details that may help:

1. I have not fresh installed my system for year. I have been just updating it regularly.

2. I installed dropbox early in the morning that I downloaded from the official website.

3. The internet and sound drivers were working properly. I know it because I received the code on my mailbox and narrator was assisting as well.

4. When the ping edit box displayed, the monitor went dark.

5. Now, it is working properly.

I am looking forward to your worthy feedback.

Best regards

:)

Literary Programmer, Jul 23, 2020

2. Sign-in screen informs of incorrect password

Hello the experts on Microsoft community,

Today, I faced a strange situation on my windows 10 desktop PC. My PC has an electricity shutdown. When it was started, it informed that my MS account password was incorrect. Before I could complete the authentication, the authentication screen disappeared.
    I have descried the whole scenario below. Please review it and provide me with the suggestion that whether I need to change the password of my Microsoft account on not.

I started my computer. when it reached on the desktop, the unexpected electricity shut-down occurred. When it restored, I started my computer again. It showed as if something was being updated. When it reached at sign-in screen, it alerted that the Microsoft
    account password was incorrect.

I added my email and password and pressed the next button. It asked me to confirm which method I wanted to confirm my identity with.

I chose to email me the code. From my phone, I logged in to my email account and looked for the code that was sent to me.

Before I add the security code, the screen just disappeared automatically as if there was no monitor connected. I used the screen reader to check whether the PC was running.

The screen reader was working fine and it asked me to enter my regular pin. When I entered it, the login screen passed and it reached on desktop. The monitor wasn't showing any image display, but the screen reader was reading out the name of controls and
    was working properly.

I commanded to restart. It restarted and had the proper restart. I logened to my account with the old pin. Now, I am using the same machine to type the question.

I want to confirm whether it was a virus that attempted to steal my login credentials, or it was some issue with the windows setup.

Some details that may help:

1. I have not fresh installed my system for year. I have been just updating it regularly.

2. I installed dropbox early in the morning that I downloaded from the official website.

3. The internet and sound drivers were working properly. I know it because I received the code on my mailbox and narrator was assisting as well.

4. When the ping edit box displayed, the monitor went dark.

5. Now, it is working properly.

I am looking forward to your worthy feedback.

Best regards

Literary Programmer????????, Aug 3, 2020
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Sign-in screen informs of incorrect password

Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Sign-in screen informs of incorrect password

1. Sign-in screen informs of incorrect password - Similar Threads - Sign screen informs

2. Incorrect password in blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect password in blue screen of death: My laptop is caught in a blue screen loop, and I have 2 problems.I cannot get to the safe mode: once restarted, my laptop screen stays blank and goes nowhere. I tried to holding the power button down and powering up the laptop several times. This sometimes lets me access the...
  3. Incorrect password in blue screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect password in blue screen of death: My laptop is caught in a blue screen loop, and I have 2 problems.I cannot get to the safe mode: once restarted, my laptop screen stays blank and goes nowhere. I tried to holding the power button down and powering up the laptop several times. This sometimes lets me access the...
  4. Pchealthcheck gives incorrect information

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pchealthcheck gives incorrect information: Hi I were trying to upgrade to windows 11 yesterday and now the secured boot is active and can't open the PC health check app but I have a secure boot and it says I can't install windows 11 because I don't have a secured boot. pls help also these are the system specsCPU:...
  5. Blue screen error + password incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blue screen error + password incorrect: I got blue screen error inaccessible boot device, so i tried both system restore and uninstall updates. Both need to log in to my Microsoft account. I tried logging in with my Laptop but it said INCORRECT password. But when i logged in with my Phone it was CORRECT. Anyhow, i...
  6. Blue screen error + password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen error + password incorrect: I got blue screen error inaccessible boot device, so i tried both system restore and uninstall updates. Both need to log in to my Microsoft account. I tried logging in with my Laptop but it said INCORRECT password. But when i logged in with my Phone it was CORRECT. Anyhow, i...
  7. Signed in with an incorrect email or password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed in with an incorrect email or password: I'm trying to activate "account protection" in Windows Security. I am getting the message "You've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect account or password." and I'm also getting the message to confirm that I'm not a robot and enter several characters, but it...
  8. Blue screen, incorrect not so password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen, incorrect not so password: I'm getting a Blue screen of death on startup with stopcode: inaccessible boot device And I cant log into windows to try and fix this because it keeps tell me my password ins incorrect, which it's not Please help me....
  9. password is incorrect at sign on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password is incorrect at sign on: Hi, My Windows 10 machine which was working perfectly , has started giving this weird message "password is incorrect" from last few days. I believe this wto fix itas after a microsoft silent update. The password is correct. I tried various way to recover it. But since the...
  10. incorrect password on windows sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    incorrect password on windows sign in: I turn on my computer, my name appears and I try to enter my password. It tells me incorrect password and no option to reset it. I have checked cap locks, number locks and have tried to use the screen keyboard. When I click the icon to show password it is correct. I have...