Windows 10: Sign-in screen - no power button/icon

Discus and support Sign-in screen - no power button/icon in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What can you do if you need to use safe mode or try to reboot and there is no option on the sign-in screen to select power?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulaSo, Mar 3, 2019.

1. PaulaSo Win User

Sign-in screen - no power button/icon

What can you do if you need to use safe mode or try to reboot and there is no option on the sign-in screen to select power?

:)

PaulaSo, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Rafisher1 Win User

How to Add Sign Out to Start>Power Button list

Thanks for that quick reply.

I am setting this system for others, and I need the sign out option on the Power Button list.

When I remote desktop connect to Win 10 computer, there is disconnect on the shutdown button list, but disconnect leaves the user logged in on the Win 10 computer, where Sign Out closes the user and disconnects.

I can tell them to use the user icon to sign out, but that is asking for trouble.

Rafisher1, Mar 3, 2019
  3. PJLLB Win User
    Power Options on Sign-in Screen

With Windows 8,1 I was able to sign out of my account and then put the PC to sleep (or shutdown, restart or hibernate) by selecting the option in the sign-in screen. But there is no power icon or any power options on the Windows 10 sign-in screen. I can only put the PC into sleep mode while signed in. Am I missing something?

PJLLB, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Sign-in screen - no power button/icon - Similar Threads - Sign screen power

2. The power button light is on but the screen is black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The power button light is on but the screen is black.: I have a HP Pavilion 14. It stupendously overheats randomly on apps like Adobe Acrobat Etc. Today it lost battery and I charged it for an hour. The laptop is showing a black screen on boot. It has a whining noise for a few seconds but it just stops.It has an i7 and iris xe...
  3. The power button light is on but the screen is black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The power button light is on but the screen is black.: I have a HP Pavilion 14. It stupendously overheats randomly on apps like Adobe Acrobat Etc. Today it lost battery and I charged it for an hour. The laptop is showing a black screen on boot. It has a whining noise for a few seconds but it just stops.It has an i7 and iris xe...
  4. Sign in option in blue screen and not power button on screen and saying password is wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in option in blue screen and not power button on screen and saying password is wrong: I have the following same issue. No one give proper answer there.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/endless-select-account-loop/f43df13b-bd8c-43cf-8dfe-75cf737b37d8...
  5. Sign in option in blue screen and not power button on screen and saying password is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in option in blue screen and not power button on screen and saying password is wrong: I have the following same issue. No one give proper answer there.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/endless-select-account-loop/f43df13b-bd8c-43cf-8dfe-75cf737b37d8...
  6. Sign in option in blue screen and not power button on screen and saying password is wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Power button and screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button and screen: Hello I have a problem with my laptop. I assigned the power button to hibernate but when i press it nothing happens. And when i enter start menu and select power and choose hibernate the screen turns black but not off and the laptop keeps running but you can't do anything....
  8. No Login Screen and No Power button

in Windows 10 Support
    No Login Screen and No Power button: My wife's computer just updated last week, and now we can't use it. It boots to the "bright" wallpaper, and then when you pull up on the screen to get to the password, the screen dims a little and nothing else. In the past, the screen dimmed a little and asked you for your...
  9. Power Options on Sign-in Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options on Sign-in Screen: With Windows 8,1 I was able to sign out of my account and then put the PC to sleep (or shutdown, restart or hibernate) by selecting the option in the sign-in screen. But there is no power icon or any power options on the Windows 10 sign-in screen. I can only put the PC into...
  10. Add or Remove Power Menu Icon on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Power Menu Icon on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Power Menu Icon on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Power Menu Icon on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 The Power menu on the sign-in screen can allow users to restart the PC without having to sign in to Windows. The Shutdown: Allow...