Windows 10: Sign in screen shows only window spotlight

Discus and support Sign in screen shows only window spotlight in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, In my desktop, I have 4 local users created, one is a local admin account. 2 accounts, include the admin, were working correctly, but other... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SimonK_813, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Sign in screen shows only window spotlight

Hello,

In my desktop, I have 4 local users created, one is a local admin account. 2 accounts, include the admin, were working correctly, but other two are having issue on their's sign in screen. The problem is only one picture of Window SpotLight appeared on their sign in screen, and I want it to be a picture or slideshow in a local folder like other users, not the SpotLight's picture. Please note that this issue is only occur when I click sign out, not the lock screen or Win + L. The lock screen work perfectly on showing the picture that I want.

How can I fix this issue?

My system is Windows 10 Home, built 1713.471 Version 1803.

I have tried:

1-Personal setting, Lock screen, Picture or Slideshow, but it doesn't work for the sign out.

2-Remove setting.dat under %USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings, but it doesn't work for the sign out either.

3- Reset the spot light in powershell as an Admin account with the command Get-AppxPackage -allusers *ContentDeliveryManager* | foreach {Add-AppxPackage "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode -register }, but it doesn't work for the sign out also.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

:)

SimonK_813, Dec 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 spotlight lock screen wallpaper is not present in sign in screen. Plz. Let me know the remedy

Hi,

It's possible that the option to show a background picture on your sign-in screen is disabled that's why
    Windows Spotlight is not showing there. To provide the best solution to the issue, we'd like to isolate it first by asking a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Which Windows 10 version and build is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps below to enable the background picture on your sign-in screen:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Personalization > Lock Screen.
    • Enable the option under Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Sign in screen shows only window spotlight

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Sign in screen shows only window spotlight

1. Sign in screen shows only window spotlight - Similar Threads - Sign screen shows

2. Windows Spotlight is only working on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight is only working on the lock screen: I've tried all possible solution I found on the internet use a different/default theme, delete spotlight files, rename settings.dat and roaming.dat config files,re-register via powershell, check if using metered internet connection and more..., but none of them...
  3. Windows Spotlight is only working on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight is only working on the lock screen: I've tried all possible solution I found on the internet use a different/default theme, delete spotlight files, rename settings.dat and roaming.dat config files,re-register via powershell, check if using metered internet connection and more..., but none of them...
  4. Windows Spotlight only showing one image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight only showing one image: I just reinstalled windows 11 with the "reset this pc" option and my windows spotlight is stuck on one image. I've tried clearing the assets folder and renaming the settings.dat file and the roaming.lock file. Nothing seems to be working and I really don't want to have to...
  5. Windows Spotlight only showing one image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight only showing one image: I just reinstalled windows 11 with the "reset this pc" option and my windows spotlight is stuck on one image. I've tried clearing the assets folder and renaming the settings.dat file and the roaming.lock file. Nothing seems to be working and I really don't want to have to...
  6. Windows Spotlight only shows Mountain Lake picture.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight only shows Mountain Lake picture.: I have basically never seen another picture than the one with the mountain lake on Windows Spotlight. [ATTACH] I have followed all the guides I've found how to reset windows spotlight by deleting all files under...
  7. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen: Hi all, I haven't posted here before, so hopefully it's not breaching etiquette to jump straight to the question! I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1903 (Build 18362.778) on a desktop computer. A while ago, I installed DisplayFusion to help support wallpaper rotation and...
  8. Windows Spotlight only showing 1 Photo

Windows Spotlight only showing 1 Photo: Why did my Spotlight stop rotating photos? I have 1 ugly photo on right now with no Microsoft comments. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-only-showing-1-photo/463b75f0-24f6-4598-a650-13e4abcff7ae
  9. Windows "sign in" screen not showing.

Windows "sign in" screen not showing.: Hi, Is there a group policy or setting that disables the logon "sign in" screen after boot? I get automatically signed in without the "sign in" screen before I used to have it even if the logon password was not set. When I press win+L - screen lock is there, thought. 89287
  10. Windows 10 spotlight image not showing up on sign-in screen

Windows 10 spotlight image not showing up on sign-in screen: Hi All - I've spent several hours trying to get this to work. I have 2 different accounts on my desktop. One account the same spotlight image is displayed on the sign-on screen and lock screen as expected. On the other account, I have everything set the same, but the...