Windows 10: Sign in Screen

Discus and support Sign in Screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good afternoon, I have read through the previous posts on this subject, but didn't find a resolution to the challenge facing me. I have run the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mikem3, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Mikem3 Win User

Sign in Screen

Good afternoon,
    I have read through the previous posts on this subject, but didn't find
    a resolution to the challenge facing me.

I have run the NETPLWIZ to no avail, the sign in screen opens with an
    error message telling me that the username or password is invalid, even
    though I have done nothing more than switch on.

When I click the OK button, a password window opens under the wrong
    username, one that just appeared yesterday, not put in by me, Mikem_000
    is the one, I select the proper one from the two choices at the bottom left
    of the screen and sign normally and all is fine.

I have tried to remove the _000, but this seems to be the default
    user and cannot be removed, this is not a serious problem till my wife
    wants to use the PC and I am not at home, then it is very big and all my
    fault.

I have removed all users except the one that works and the one that cannot
    be removed.

I have fitted a new HDD and am installing all programmes etc.

Can anybody tell me how to remove the immovable please.

Thank you.

Mike.

:)

Mikem3, Feb 11, 2016

2. Sign-in issue. sign-in screen displayed an incorrect email address

I'm having a similar issue,

Windows 10 downloaded this past Sunday. Now I am unable to login.

I did not have a Micro Account until yesterday. I created it only to seek help.

Prior to the Windows 10 update, I had a user name:xxxx and password:xxxx to get into my laptop.

I am unable to get past this screen, everytime I try to login, I get password "incorrect" try again.

I do not have a gmail, Microsoft or yahoo email.

I been in safe mode but do not know what to change to bypass this login option.

I see the option to restore, but it ask me for the password to proceed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

RobertBowins, Feb 11, 2016
  3. Sign-in issue. sign-in screen displayed an incorrect email address

Hello Loudra,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with different user e-mail login on your system with Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

• Are you trying to sign in for the first time after installing Windows 10?
    • Have you set up your Microsoft Account correctly during Windows 10 set up?
    • How many user account are there on your sign in screen?
    • Have you made any changes on your user account or Pc prior to this issue?

We would like to inform you that this is not possible that the e-mail address gets change automatically unless someone change it.

Kindly get back to us with more information so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Sign in Screen

Hello Mike, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like you may have entered your password incorrectly in netplwiz while setting Windows to automatically sign in to your account at startup.

If so, you can go through netplwiz to set this up again with the correct password to fix this.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Feb 11, 2016
  5. Mikem3 Win User
    Thank you Brink for the welcome and for the swift reply.
    I followed all the steps in the Registry, except the password
    bit as my registry doesn't show "Default Password", there is
    "Default Domain Name" & "Default User Name".

Hopefully it will work as I previously disabled the sign in even
    though it didn't work.

I will be back if it still acting up.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Mike.

Mikem3, Feb 11, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Mike. *Smile

Brink, Feb 11, 2016
  7. Mikem3 Win User
    When I shut down and switched on again Brink, I got the
    same previous log in window, but after selecting the now
    current username, all is working.

Hopefully I won't have to use your knowledge again, but
    you never know.

Thanks again.

Mike.

Mikem3, Feb 12, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Sign in Screen

Great news Mike. If you get it again, please just let me know. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sign in Screen

1. Sign in Screen - Similar Threads - Sign Screen

2. Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.: When I try to open the computer I was supposed to enter the password, but instead the login appeared, and when I pressed it for a few seconds, the word “Welcome” appears and disappears.And it remains on the lock screen Please I need your help Please I need your help. I tried...
  3. Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.: When I try to open the computer I was supposed to enter the password, but instead the login appeared, and when I pressed it for a few seconds, the word “Welcome” appears and disappears.And it remains on the lock screen Please I need your help Please I need your help. I tried...
  4. OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in: I have tried reseting Onedrive, uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting everything in the credentials manager, and even deleting the entry in the registry. No matter what I do, I run into this issue when trying to sign into Onedrive on my Windows 10 PC. I can still log in...
  5. OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in: I have tried reseting Onedrive, uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting everything in the credentials manager, and even deleting the entry in the registry. No matter what I do, I run into this issue when trying to sign into Onedrive on my Windows 10 PC. I can still log in...
  6. OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in

7. I'm stuck on the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck on the sign in screen: So, I wanted to make a local account for my computer because it was hooked to a school email I don't even use. I did the whole setup for a local account and then it said I had to make a PIN. Then it was loading like intended, and the window closed, and my computer went to...
  8. I'm stuck on the sign in screen

I'm stuck on the sign in screen: So, I wanted to make a local account for my computer because it was hooked to a school email I don't even use. I did the whole setup for a local account and then it said I had to make a PIN. Then it was loading like intended, and the window closed, and my computer went to...
  9. How to fix black screen with cursor after sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen with cursor after sign in: Hi, I have recently started having issues with logging into my PC. When I log onto my PC I get a black screen with a cursor on it. I feel like I have tried every solution I can find on YouTube but none of them work. Even when I try to boot my computer into the Safe mode, I...
  10. How to fix black screen with cursor after sign in

How to fix black screen with cursor after sign in: Hi, I have recently started having issues with logging into my PC. When I log onto my PC I get a black screen with a cursor on it. I feel like I have tried every solution I can find on YouTube but none of them work. Even when I try to boot my computer into the Safe mode, I...