Windows 10: Sign-In "Search for app in the Store?" Bug

Discus and support Sign-In "Search for app in the Store?" Bug in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Literally brand new laptop. Start up, start uninstalling bloatware. Uninstall Norton Security and requires restart. Restart and now cannot even sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RaulSlug, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Sign-In "Search for app in the Store?" Bug

Literally brand new laptop. Start up, start uninstalling bloatware. Uninstall Norton Security and requires restart. Restart and now cannot even sign in.not even in Safe mode.

Restart laptop. Says sign-in. Then pops up message that I need to search the app store for an app to sign in.nothing else works no other messages and cannot reinstall Windows. My only working computer.

Really disappointed in Windows 10, stuff like this makes me wish I could go to Linux but I can't yet since I still need it for some work applications.

submitted by /u/RaulSlug
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RaulSlug, Sep 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Sep 4, 2021
  3. App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 4, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Sign-In "Search for app in the Store?" Bug

Search box and App store

Hi Divya,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.
    I suggest you to check if Windows search service is running.

• Press Windows + R key and type "services.msc" and press
      enter.
    • Locate the Windows Search service and right click on it.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      start option has been enabled.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

Sign-In "Search for app in the Store?" Bug

1. Sign-In "Search for app in the Store?" Bug - Similar Threads - Sign Search app

2. Search for app in Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search for app in Store?: I just did a clean re-install of WIN11 to fix some other issues and now this! And Apps are set to install from Everywhere!I really do not want to reformat AGAIN! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-app-in-store/32e15fcc-cbae-48bd-88f7-e9693f85a3c9
  3. "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in: Whenever I press "Sign in" on the starting screen, Windows prompts me to search for an app in the store for the task. List of fixes I have already tried: - Resetting PC Could not reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC" - System Restore Also denied - Unplugging power...
  4. "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in: Whenever I press "Sign in" on the starting screen, Windows prompts me to search for an app in the store for the task. List of fixes I have already tried: - Resetting PC Could not reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC" - System Restore Also denied - Unplugging power...
  5. "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Microsoft Store Sign-in Bug

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Sign-in Bug: I've recently got a school laptop with Windows 10 Education Edition, and I'd like to download apps and games from the Microsoft store.However when clicking sign in, nothing happens. When I try to install anything, It asks me to sign in and then gives me an error saying 'Try...
  7. "Search for app in the Store" on Sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Search for app in the Store" on Sign in: Help! I logged in a microsoft account from another device to this one and it says I need to install an app for this task whenever I click Sign In. I also can't reformat using the reset + shift, when I go to the troubleshoot settings there's no reset option, only start up...
  8. Search for App in App Store? before even signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Search for App in App Store? before even signing in: I have received this message multiple times. No explanation from the computer and no options to do anything when I select yes or no. This is upon start up, not when even signed in. No answers online at all. ... Maybe i should uninstall windows?? But not sure how due to not...
  9. "Search for an app in the store?"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Search for an app in the store?": Windows 10 constantly notifies me whenever i open up anything that "you need to install an app to perform this task. search for one in the microsoft store?" and it's getting incredibly irritating. how do i fix this?...
  10. New Store App Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Store App Bug: Both of my PCs now have the new Store app having the coloured logo on the Task Bar. I have no items displayed on both PCs when I click Select All under Apps / Games / Music / Films & TV as shown below. Is this a widespread bug? [img] 96635