Windows 10: sign in setup on new device

Discus and support sign in setup on new device in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; ok so im new to all of this windows 10 stuff and im trying to set up a login to get into the computer im able to sign in via outlook email but when i... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DouglasWilson-50355, Apr 25, 2022.

1. sign in setup on new device

ok so im new to all of this windows 10 stuff and im trying to set up a login to get into the computer im able to sign in via outlook email but when i go into the setting and try to log in it will accept my email and password but when it asks me to reenter my current account password for a local login password it says its invalid and no matter how many times i change my password it still says its wrong when i get to that particular screen. the troubleshooting menu at the bottom of said screen has this info on it - Correlation Id: 164ead7d58370001039754163758d801 and also has a timestamp

:)

DouglasWilson-50355, Apr 25, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 25, 2022
  3. OOBE Loop. Cannot create account during setup of new ASUS laptop.

Recently received a new, never used ASUS ZenBook 14 (ASUS UX433F) and am trying to get it setup for an employee. I'm getting stuck in a loop and not able to create an account, either via Microsoft sign in or via a local account. Here's what I'm seeing:

• When going through the OOBE, I get to the Sign in with Microsoft screen. I sign in (and have verified the username and password several times) and get a message "Oops, something went wrong. We can't add your Microsoft account to this device right now, but it's okay. We'll help you setup, and you can sign in later in settings.

I've tried being connected both wirelessly and via ethernet.
    • I've tried the local option. When connected via ethernet, I add username, password and security questions, then, after a moment, get "Something went wrong." and am back at the "Who's going to use this PC?" screen.
    • When trying the local option NOT connected via ethernet, I add username, password and security questions, then, after a moment, get "Something went wrong." and get OOBELOCAL error.

It seems that no matter what I try, I can't get Windows setup on the new machine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

stupidpoetic, Apr 25, 2022
  4. jimhoyle Win User

sign in setup on new device

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

sign in setup on new device

1. sign in setup on new device - Similar Threads - sign setup device

2. sign in setup on new device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in setup on new device: ok so im new to all of this windows 10 stuff and im trying to set up a login to get into the computer im able to sign in via outlook email but when i go into the setting and try to log in it will accept my email and password but when it asks me to reenter my current account...
  3. sign in setup on new device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign in setup on new device: ok so im new to all of this windows 10 stuff and im trying to set up a login to get into the computer im able to sign in via outlook email but when i go into the setting and try to log in it will accept my email and password but when it asks me to reenter my current account...
  4. Microsoft account setup/sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft account setup/sign in: For some reason every time I attempt to login to a local account I try to create with a Microsoft account it tries to make me create a pin. However after hitting next it always says that something went wrong and will not let me login what so ever to that account. Does anyone...
  5. Setup New Laptop with Windows 10 - sign in and admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setup New Laptop with Windows 10 - sign in and admin: Recently had a new HP Laptop and starting to set it up for use and transfer files from old laptop etc. I read somewhere that one should not use their Windows account log-in to use/run their Laptop/PC etc. Should I have my windows sign-in as (non-administrator) and...
  6. Setup New Laptop with Windows 10 - sign in and admin

in Windows 10 Support
    Setup New Laptop with Windows 10 - sign in and admin: Recently had a new HP Laptop and starting to set it up for use and transfer files from old laptop etc. I read somewhere that one should not use their Windows account log-in to use/run their Laptop/PC etc. Should I have my windows sign-in as (non-administrator) and...
  7. Microsoft is testing a new Windows 10 device setup feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing a new Windows 10 device setup feature: A vanilla installation of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system may differ slightly depending on the customer's region, language selection, edition of the operating system, and whether an Internet connection is available during setup. Two users installing Windows 10 Home...
  8. Face Sign-In Setup Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Face Sign-In Setup Not Working: Hi, I have a Surface Go 1 and when I go to set up Face Sign-in and I get to the screen where it turns the camera on and tells me to make sure my face is centered in the frame, it just hangs there. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this. - The drivers are up to...
  9. New Device Setup Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Device Setup Issues: I recently purchased a new computer when I encountered a problem. I have an office 365 account for school, and I am signed into my current computer with this account. However, when I tried to sign into this account on my new device for the initial setup, I was told that...
  10. Device setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device setup: Device setup randomly appeared in my laptop. Can i close it? Also, the progress bar is stuck on 5-10%. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-setup/86402d5c-914d-41fe-a588-4211081c7a5f