Windows 10: Sign in to Chrome new tab randomly appearing

Discus and support Sign in to Chrome new tab randomly appearing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This just started a couple of days ago, but every now and then when I open Chrome I'll get a new tab open automatically, and it will ask me to sign in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bobby Phoenix, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Sign in to Chrome new tab randomly appearing

This just started a couple of days ago, but every now and then when I open Chrome I'll get a new tab open automatically, and it will ask me to sign in to Chrome. I'm already signed in, and syncing everything, so why would it ask me to sign in again? Is this by design? I scanned for viruses/malware/etc, and it came back clean, so I'm guessing it's from Google.

Sign in to Chrome new tab randomly appearing [​IMG]

:)

Bobby Phoenix, Oct 24, 2018
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Oct 24, 2018
  3. rofl48 Win User
    Chrome New Tab page wrong name

I've even uninstalled Chrome and deleted all the user stuff. Didn't work. It's a strange thing, if I hit home button (my home is new tab), it works fine.

rofl48, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Sign in to Chrome new tab randomly appearing

Chrome New Tab page wrong name

Do you use a lot of extensions? Is one related to URL's.

If you type chrome://about in the address bar you will get a listing. The new tab is chrome://newtab. You seem to be getting the raw URL instead of the shorten pretty name.

I don't see where this is set.

Caledon Ken, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Sign in to Chrome new tab randomly appearing

1. Sign in to Chrome new tab randomly appearing - Similar Threads - Sign Chrome tab

2. New "Search Tabs" icon on Google Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    New "Search Tabs" icon on Google Chrome?: Today I have a New "Search Tabs" icon (hover over), on my Google Chrome Tab Bar?- I clicked on it, and it just Minimized my browser? There is nothing new in Extensions. My AV did a clean scan, and their Forum was no help? Google Search found nothing? The icon is the little...
  3. outlook tab in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    outlook tab in chrome: when i open chrome, it opens 5 tabs, the problem is with outlook tab only, it does not load outlook website, until i click on the tab when i click on outlook tab it starts loading the website by itself, without me pressing the refresh button i have the latest version of...
  4. Disappearing tabs on Chrome.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing tabs on Chrome.: Yesterday and today, I've noticed that occasionally, the last couple of tabs on Chrome disappear, then reappear when I open a new tab. What do I do about it?
  5. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge: [ATTACH] This is so weird. You can even you Google Voice Search and the design scheme is Google's. I guess this is Microsoft and this is to be expected. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page Edge New Tab Page submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  6. Chrome keeps opening new tab with spam sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome keeps opening new tab with spam sites: I think I’m seriously going crazy with this problem. Google Chrome keeps opening new tab with some spam sites (mostly https://go.mobiforth.com) but also some other weird stuff. I searched around the web and I feel like I tried almost every possible solution that I found, but...
  7. Chrome New Tab page wrong name

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome New Tab page wrong name: Hi guys, i'm trying to fix a problem I noticed today. Instead of showing "New Tab" when I open a new tab on Google Chrome, it's showing on the tab name chrome://newtab. I've tried using the Google Chrome Installer to fix this, but no success. In the anonymous mode, this is...
  8. Change New Tab Button Position in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Tab Button Position in Google Chrome: How to: Change New Tab Button Position in Google Chrome How to Change New Tab Button Position in Google Chrome This tutorial is no longer valid in the latest Google Chrome. When you click/tap on the New tab (+) button in Google Chrome, it opens a new tab in the...
  9. New internet adapters appearing randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New internet adapters appearing randomly: Picture tells more than a thousand words: [img] Last time I checked there were only five of those extra adapters. I thought they were made by VirtualBox, but since then I haven't used VirtualBox and new adapters have still been appearing. Any ideas what could be causing...
  10. Automatically Switch to New Tab in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Automatically Switch to New Tab in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Automatically Switch to New Tab in Google Chrome for Windows How to Automatically Switch to New Tab in Google Chrome for Windows When you open a link in a new tab in Google Chrome, the new tab will only open in the background and will not automatically be...