Windows 10: Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.

Discus and support Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I now use a LOCAL ACCOUNT to sign in to my computers WITHOUT a pin or password, BUT I get email after email telling me to verify my account. I have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Starrider888, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.

I now use a LOCAL ACCOUNT to sign in to my computers WITHOUT a pin or password, BUT I get email after email telling me to verify my account. I have blocked, designated as junk, reported them as phishing and they still come everyday. I want to see if I start logging in with my MICROSOFT ACCOUNT, that the very annoying emails will stop, BUT I am only going to try this if I can set my computers to automatically sign in WITHOUT a password or pin, SO WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO SET THIS UP IN WINDOWS 10 Home and Pro ? I tried the same steps as I used with the LOCAL ACCOUNT to try it with MICROSOFT ACCOUNT and it didn't work. Thank you !

:)

Starrider888, Dec 13, 2019

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.

Want to sign on with PIN instead of Password

Thank you for your reply Person.

Glad to know that the Pop up with the password manager is disabled with the above suggestion.

Try the below suggestions to fix the issue with Signing in using PIN authentication.

Steps 1: Launch the File Explorer.

Step 2: Browse to this location, and delete the contents of the folder.

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

Step 3: Go to Settings (Press Windows
    and I key), Accounts > Sign in Options.

Step 4: Click on Add a PIN and set your PIN.

Step 5: Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.

1. Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin. - Similar Threads - Sign computer without

2. How do I sign in without having to enter a password or anything?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I sign in without having to enter a password or anything?: I tried checking the Microsoft support page, but nothing.I don't need it to require me to enter my password, or any biometrics , and such.I used to just click "Sign in" and it would automatically sign me in.But, when me and my Mom went to repair my laptop, since it had...
  3. How do I sign in without having to enter a password or anything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I sign in without having to enter a password or anything?: I tried checking the Microsoft support page, but nothing.I don't need it to require me to enter my password, or any biometrics , and such.I used to just click "Sign in" and it would automatically sign me in.But, when me and my Mom went to repair my laptop, since it had...
  4. How do I sign in without having to enter a password or anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. OneDrive signs in without me entering email and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive signs in without me entering email and password: After unlinking OneDrive and I come to sign back in, I find that my email address appears without me entering it. When I then click 'sign in' it opens OneDrive without me entering the password. This means that anyone can access my information if they got their hands on my...
  6. OneDrive signs in without me entering email and password

OneDrive signs in without me entering email and password: After unlinking OneDrive and I come to sign back in, I find that my email address appears without me entering it. When I then click 'sign in' it opens OneDrive without me entering the password. This means that anyone can access my information if they got their hands on my...
  7. Unable to enter PIN on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter PIN on sign in: Neither my keyboard on the laptop nor the stand alone keyboard allows me to enter my start up PIN - the only way I can gain access is by resetting the PIN. Then both keyboards work. However when it powers off, the same issue happens. The on screen keyboard does not work...
  8. Unable to enter PIN on sign in

Unable to enter PIN on sign in: Neither my keyboard on the laptop nor the stand alone keyboard allows me to enter my start up PIN - the only way I can gain access is by resetting the PIN. Then both keyboards work. However when it powers off, the same issue happens. The on screen keyboard does not work...
  9. Entering a Pin to sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Entering a Pin to sign in: I cannot login to my microsoft word account as it requires me to provide a pin (that I can't remember). The system advises me to go to the Settings page then the account page and so forth in order to resolve it however, another one of my accounts is logged onto my laptop....
  10. how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on: how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-not-have-to-enter-pin-or-password-when/89037f07-cd48-492b-8de3-940f13668a55"