Windows 10: Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account

Discus and support Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new computer that prompted me to use passwordless sign-in for my Windows account. That works fine with Windows Hello on that computer. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by scandib, Dec 4, 2021.

1. scandib Win User

Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account

I have a new computer that prompted me to use passwordless sign-in for my Windows account. That works fine with Windows Hello on that computer. The problem is that when I try to view shared files and folders on that computer from another network computer, I get prompted by Windows Security to enter a user name and password as part of network credentials--a password that doesn't exist. There does not seem to be any workaround available. What's the best way to deal with this?[I have password-protected sharing turned off in Network Properties.]

:)

scandib, Dec 4, 2021
  2. bmac1112 Win User

Android S9 passwordless sign in

Is there passwordless sign in for android pie 9?

It seems like it thinks I'm on windows 10

bmac1112, Dec 4, 2021
  3. LouG Win User
    Passwordless sign in not working 20H2

Sven - could you be a little more specific? I've reset the registry and run netplwiz. It is now impossible to move the cursor (blue highlight) but it is on my user name. What are the next steps to make my account passwordless? Also, (since I can't move the cursor) how do I remove my wife's password?

Never mind - I figured it out. Thanks for responding.

LouG, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account

1. Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account - Similar Threads - Sign network computers

2. Problem with Passwordless account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Passwordless account: Hello !! I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this but couldn't find a better one.So, there is a problem, maybe a bug when i enabling the passwordless option in my account and then uninstalling the ms authenticator app from my android phone.If i do that i cant...
  3. Problem with Passwordless account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Passwordless account: Hello !! I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this but couldn't find a better one.So, there is a problem, maybe a bug when i enabling the passwordless option in my account and then uninstalling the ms authenticator app from my android phone.If i do that i cant...
  4. how do I sign into other computers with a passwordless account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I sign into other computers with a passwordless account: I posted this same question two years ago, and if there is an answer, I don't see it. The Microsoft account I use to sign into all my computers is passwordless. The computers are all on the same home network. Other computers show up in Windows Explorer, but when I try to...
  5. how do I sign into other computers with a passwordless account

how do I sign into other computers with a passwordless account: I posted this same question two years ago, and if there is an answer, I don't see it. The Microsoft account I use to sign into all my computers is passwordless. The computers are all on the same home network. Other computers show up in Windows Explorer, but when I try to...
  6. Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account

Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account: I have a new computer that prompted me to use passwordless sign-in for my Windows account. That works fine with Windows Hello on that computer. The problem is that when I try to view shared files and folders on that computer from another network computer, I get prompted by...
  7. Passwordless Account!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwordless Account!!!: Hello.On September 17, I read the news that it is possible to disable the password entry when entering the account, replacing it with a confirmation from the phone. The feature is called "Passwordless account". I followed the link in my account on the page to enable this...
  8. Passwordless Account!!!

Passwordless Account!!!: Hello.On September 17, I read the news that it is possible to disable the password entry when entering the account, replacing it with a confirmation from the phone. The feature is called "Passwordless account". I followed the link in my account on the page to enable this...
  9. Passwordless sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Passwordless sign-in: I've tried Microsoft's much vaunted pass wordless sign-in feature and it did nothing for me. I still have to sign into Windows with my code, so what's the point? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwordless-sign-in/a2187f4d-fe7e-4b39-bb95-f020a6053bb2
  10. Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts: How to: Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts How to Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10 For improved security and a more seamless sign-in experience, you can now enable passwordless sign-in for Microsoft...