Windows 10: Sign in window never opens across various apps

Discus and support Sign in window never opens across various apps in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This isn't an inability to sign in upon booting up the computer. I'm talking about those prompts that open so you can sign into something. Two examples... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Aeterna Sol, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Sign in window never opens across various apps

This isn't an inability to sign in upon booting up the computer. I'm talking about those prompts that open so you can sign into something. Two examples are logging into the Feedback Hub and my Xbox account on the Xbox app. In these cases, and literally any other time this prompt is needed, it never opens. Sometimes it'll flicker, showing up for a single frame and disappear again. It doesn't matter how many times I click, either. I dunno if it's related, but I also get an "error" saying my account is disabled, but I can immediately log in after dismissing the message. I don't know what's going on, and frankly, it's starting to irritate the living hell outta me. It's never happened before on any other computer I've used, including my most previous one, which also ran Windows 10. I really don't want to reformat, and I REALLY hope it doesn't come to that.

:)

Aeterna Sol, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Sign in window never opens across various apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 19, 2021
  3. App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Sign in window never opens across various apps

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Sign in window never opens across various apps

1. Sign in window never opens across various apps - Similar Threads - Sign window never

2. Sign in to continue app experiences across your devices retry error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in to continue app experiences across your devices retry error: Hi everyone, I am receiving this error on multiple Windows 11 devices, including a new device I got yesterday.Is anyone else experiencing this error and know how to resolve it? I have tried removing my Microsoft account many a times. Cheers....
  3. Sign in to continue app experiences across your devices retry error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in to continue app experiences across your devices retry error: Hi everyone, I am receiving this error on multiple Windows 11 devices, including a new device I got yesterday.Is anyone else experiencing this error and know how to resolve it? I have tried removing my Microsoft account many a times. Cheers....
  4. Office Suite, Xbox app, and various Windows apps will not let me sign in after motherboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office Suite, Xbox app, and various Windows apps will not let me sign in after motherboard...: I'm on Windows 11 22H2. I recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard from an Intel platform i5-9400f and MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus to an AMD platform Ryzen 7 5800X and MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus with 32GB of RAM. Upon successful boot, everything seemed to be in order. All files...
  5. Office Suite, Xbox app, and various Windows apps will not let me sign in after motherboard...

Office Suite, Xbox app, and various Windows apps will not let me sign in after motherboard...: I'm on Windows 11 22H2. I recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard from an Intel platform i5-9400f and MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus to an AMD platform Ryzen 7 5800X and MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus with 32GB of RAM. Upon successful boot, everything seemed to be in order. All files...
  6. problems opening various apps and functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems opening various apps and functions: So I have Pc health check and it says everything is running fine and I have malware protections and it says my PC is good but I can't open apps like the snip it tool, Xbox app, even the get help app on the contact us Microsoft store won't open I'm running the latest version...
  7. problems opening various apps and functions

problems opening various apps and functions: So I have Pc health check and it says everything is running fine and I have malware protections and it says my PC is good but I can't open apps like the snip it tool, Xbox app, even the get help app on the contact us Microsoft store won't open I'm running the latest version...
  8. Various Programs Won't Open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Various Programs Won't Open: This is a problem that has been going on for the past couple months. Many seemingly unrelated programs refuse to open on my computer. They'll open in the background, you can see them in task manager, but the actual app won't open. This has happened with programs from DOOM...
  9. Photos app flashes and never opens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos app flashes and never opens: Hello my photos app has stopped working. It flashes like its going to open but the screen never turns from black and does not open. Task manager does not list it, it is not open nor running. I've looked into this and after much research , I've done many things to resolve...
  10. Try to open various apps, given "explorer.exe, class not registered"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Try to open various apps, given "explorer.exe, class not registered": The most frustrating of the apps that I cannot open is Settings, so there is no way for me to navigate around updates and such to see if that is the problem. Most apps that have been downloaded through a browser work well, such as spotify, steam, discord, etc; so I figure it...