Windows 10: "sign in with a local account instead" is missing fixed

Discus and support "sign in with a local account instead" is missing fixed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If you are trying to change to a local account from a microsoft account for any reason at all and dont see this option, wich from portuguese translated... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bröth, May 4, 2020.

1. Bröth Win User

"sign in with a local account instead" is missing fixed

If you are trying to change to a local account from a microsoft account for any reason at all and dont see this option, wich from portuguese translated is "Sign in with a local account instead", you have to go to "Family and other users", get redirected to the website and remove yourself from that family.

Did you have this issue? "sign in with a local account instead" is missing fixed e3ddf8f6-3c6a-4f50-84f4-c00a9fd8579b?upload=true.png

:)

Bröth, May 4, 2020
  2. MeSo2 Win User

"sign in with a local account instead" is missing

My intention is not to create a new user with administrator rights, but to change back the principal system "Administration" account (User) back to itself, a local login that is using a "Local Account." This used to be possible by using the now missing
    option to "sign in with a local account instead". This is clearly a OS bug.

MeSo2, May 4, 2020
  3. Akagera Win User
    Sign in with a local account instead MISSING - try this.

After logging in with a Microsoft account you can no longer login with your local account and the option to "Sign in with a local account instead" is missing.

Try logging in with .\username

worked for me.

Akagera, May 4, 2020
  4. "sign in with a local account instead" is missing fixed

Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin account - no Sign in with local account instead link available

Thanks for the response. What I suggest you do is to switch to a local account and then switch back to your Microsoft account.

Here's how:

• Sign in using the Microsoft account.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type the password of the Microsoft account and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account, click Next.
    • Click Sign out and finish.

Once you're done switching to a local account, you can now set your new Microsoft account to associate on your Windows 10 computer. Make sure to type in the correct email address you want to associate to your PC. Follow the steps provided above and click
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead to set up your new account.

Should you have further questions, let me know.

Aileen Alf, May 4, 2020
Thema:

"sign in with a local account instead" is missing fixed

1. "sign in with a local account instead" is missing fixed - Similar Threads - sign local account

2. New Computer - Sign in with Local Account Instead is Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Computer - Sign in with Local Account Instead is Missing: The option to sign in with a local account is not showing on "Your Info". I have tried several of the fixes suggested online - such as removing the check mark from disabled under Users by going through lusrmgr.msc and adding a user going through Computer Management. I have...
  3. "sign in with a local account instead" is missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "sign in with a local account instead" is missing: Hello,My local Windows 10 administrator account got linked accidentally to my son's Windows account when he logged into Microsoft store with his Microsoft account, using my local account. Since then I am not able to unlink his MS account from my local account. I am missing...
  4. "sign in with a local account instead" is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "sign in with a local account instead" is missing: Hello,My local Windows 10 administrator account got linked accidentally to my son's Windows account when he logged into Microsoft store with his Microsoft account, using my local account. Since then I am not able to unlink his MS account from my local account. I am missing...
  5. "sign in with a local account instead" is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Sign in with local account instead option is missing under accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in with local account instead option is missing under accounts: Hello,I have a Windows 10 Pro computer that the user was setup using the Microsoft AzureAD login. I am wanting to change it to a local account. When I go to accounts the "Sign in with local account instead" option is missing. Does anyone know how to fix this? I would prefer...
  7. Missing "Sign In WIth Local Account Instead" Option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing "Sign In WIth Local Account Instead" Option: I've been trying to sign out of my Microsoft Account that was connected to my Windows PC for the past few hours now, because I didn't think signing into the Xbox app would switch my ENTIRE PC into an online account they should change that. I didn't see this as much of a...
  8. "sign in with local account instead" option missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "sign in with local account instead" option missing: After a recent Windows update one of our employees signed into his Microsoft account thinking he could just grab some files from his account then sign back out. Now his personal account is permanently tied to the admin account on that workstation. MS removed the option in the...
  9. Sign in with a local account instead MISSING - try this.

Sign in with a local account instead MISSING - try this.: After logging in with a Microsoft account you can no longer login with your local account and the option to "Sign in with a local account instead" is missing. Try logging in with .\username worked for me....
  10. "sign in with a local account instead" missing

"sign in with a local account instead" missing: I have a major issue. I signed in to my Xbox account on my Windows 10 laptop in an attempt to allow my son to play games through it. This linked his Microsoft account to my Windows 10 system as the administrator. Because my son is 8 years old I now have to accept permissions...