Windows 10: "Sign in with Microsoft Account Instead" is missing

Discus and support "Sign in with Microsoft Account Instead" is missing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I am not able to sign in with my microsoft account as "sign in with microsoft account instead" is not showing. Though it shows administrator... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by aniruddhdixit, Jan 28, 2021.

1. "Sign in with Microsoft Account Instead" is missing

Hello,

I am not able to sign in with my microsoft account as "sign in with microsoft account instead" is not showing. Though it shows administrator as my microsoft Id. Also sign in options says my account does not have a password, you have to add a password. right now I am using a custom password as a workaround but i would prefer my microsoft credentials as my log in credentials on my pc.

:)

aniruddhdixit, Jan 28, 2021
  2. WallyX Win User

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

I do in fact have an existing Microsoft account and if I go directly to Microsoft, everything works. The problem is clearly at Step 7 of the process of, "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead." I don't know why this is happening.

WallyX, Jan 28, 2021
  3. WallyX Win User

I have a Local Account and want to, "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". I go through all of the required steps including entering my Username and Password. Microsoft accepts everything, then ask me to enter my password one final time. I very carefully enter it exactly as I did before and Microsoft says its not correct. Any help wold be appreciated.

WallyX, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

"Sign in with Microsoft Account Instead" is missing

Hello Wally, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like this is at step 7 in the tutorial below where it's asking you to enter your local account's password one last time.

Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

"Sign in with Microsoft Account Instead" is missing

1. "Sign in with Microsoft Account Instead" is missing - Similar Threads - Sign Microsoft Account

2. "sign in with a local account instead" is missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "sign in with a local account instead" is missing: Hello,My local Windows 10 administrator account got linked accidentally to my son's Windows account when he logged into Microsoft store with his Microsoft account, using my local account. Since then I am not able to unlink his MS account from my local account. I am missing...
  3. "sign in with a local account instead" is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "sign in with a local account instead" is missing: Hello,My local Windows 10 administrator account got linked accidentally to my son's Windows account when he logged into Microsoft store with his Microsoft account, using my local account. Since then I am not able to unlink his MS account from my local account. I am missing...
  4. "sign in with a local account instead" is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing "Sign In WIth Local Account Instead" Option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing "Sign In WIth Local Account Instead" Option: I've been trying to sign out of my Microsoft Account that was connected to my Windows PC for the past few hours now, because I didn't think signing into the Xbox app would switch my ENTIRE PC into an online account they should change that. I didn't see this as much of a...
  6. "sign in with local account instead" option missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "sign in with local account instead" option missing: After a recent Windows update one of our employees signed into his Microsoft account thinking he could just grab some files from his account then sign back out. Now his personal account is permanently tied to the admin account on that workstation. MS removed the option in the...
  7. "sign in with a local account instead" is missing fixed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "sign in with a local account instead" is missing fixed: If you are trying to change to a local account from a microsoft account for any reason at all and dont see this option, wich from portuguese translated is "Sign in with a local account instead", you have to go to "Family and other users", get redirected to the website and...
  8. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead: I have a Local Account and want to, "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". I go through all of the required steps including entering my Username and Password. Microsoft accepts everything, then ask me to enter my password one final time. I very carefully enter it exactly...
  9. Sign in with a local account instead MISSING - try this.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in with a local account instead MISSING - try this.: After logging in with a Microsoft account you can no longer login with your local account and the option to "Sign in with a local account instead" is missing. Try logging in with .\username worked for me....
  10. "sign in with a local account instead" missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    "sign in with a local account instead" missing: I have a major issue. I signed in to my Xbox account on my Windows 10 laptop in an attempt to allow my son to play games through it. This linked his Microsoft account to my Windows 10 system as the administrator. Because my son is 8 years old I now have to accept permissions...