Windows 10: Sign in without p/w issue

Discus and support Sign in without p/w issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Did a clean install of Windows 10 and updated it to the version shown. Trying to eliminate the need for p/w at sign in, I ran netplwiz as I have always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 24c, Sep 4, 2020.

1. 24C
    24c Win User

Sign in without p/w issue

Did a clean install of Windows 10 and updated it to the version shown.
    Trying to eliminate the need for p/w at sign in, I ran netplwiz as I have always done.

Top USER ACCOUNTS is from the Install I've been upgrading for a long time
    Bottom USER ACCOUNTS is from today's clean install on another machine

There is no:
    "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" to uncheck
    in the clean install
    I have never seen this before and can't by pass the sign in p/w step

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Sign in without p/w issue [​IMG]

:)

2. jm44jg39 Win User

System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w

Thanks for the input. I solved the problem by using an OLD MS Account p/w. I don't understand why using System Restore to restore would not have the same MS Acct. p/w that is used to sign in with.

jm44jg39, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Sign in without p/w issue

1. Sign in without p/w issue - Similar Threads - Sign without issue

2. Sign in screen issues w/PIN/password reset0

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in screen issues w/PIN/password reset0: Sign in screen wants PIN when my 'sign in' was changed to 'password' yesterday. Now I can't get in at all because the screen reverts to PIN and closes down without any options HELP HELP HELP...
  3. Windows 10 v 2004 how to reset p/w?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 v 2004 how to reset p/w?: When I select "forgot password", i get a window which requires a disk be inserted to reset p/w. Don't have a disk so how can I get around this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-v-2004-how-to-reset-pw/2d76b4bf-1327-47ce-af0d-4d7722d76e09
  4. ive tried recovering my p w with microsoft but i dont remember my p w microsoft says i dont...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ive tried recovering my p w with microsoft but i dont remember my p w microsoft says i dont...: i cant remember my password ive tried 6 times to retrieve it with microsoft and microsoft says i dont give them eneough information i tried using my pin but now my computer is frozen and is still asking for my password what can i do...
  5. Can't make changes without supplying admin p/w

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't make changes without supplying admin p/w: So, I have one computer on my network that someone must have been playing with and now I can't make any changes at all! When I tried to check settings for remote software I was having trouble with, I was prompted for my password not unexpected. Instead of being granted...
  6. Sign in without p/w issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in without p/w issue: Did a clean install of Windows 10 and updated it to the version shown. Trying to eliminate the need for p/w at sign in, I ran netplwiz as I have always done. Top USER ACCOUNTS is from the Install I've been upgrading for a long time Bottom USER ACCOUNTS is from today's clean...
  7. P@P Networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    P@P Networking: I have been trying to set up a P2P network for a local area network so that files can be shared internally through Ethernet connections. When I completed the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I lost all of my network settings. Please help. I cannot scan or share...
  8. Resetting login p/w:

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Resetting login p/w:: Which it the best way to reset a windows 10 login P/W? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-login-pw/f1c0dae4-dc22-4310-b372-7fb6a7e0b953
  9. Need to override past admin. p/w

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to override past admin. p/w: I have a Dell laptop that had windows 7 when purchased. I up graded to windows 10 with no problem, but my grandson made himself admin. and can't give me the right p/w to make changes, when needed. Any help would be appreciated. How do I get back to where I can do what I...
  10. System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w: Thanks for the input. I solved the problem by using an OLD MS Account p/w. I don't understand why using System Restore to restore would not have the same MS Acct. p/w that is used to sign in with.