Windows 10: Sign in without p/w issue

Discus and support Sign in without p/w issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Did a clean install of Windows 10 and updated it to the version shown. Trying to eliminate the need for p/w at sign in, I ran netplwiz as I have always... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 24c, Sep 6, 2020.

1. 24C
    24c Win User

Sign in without p/w issue

Did a clean install of Windows 10 and updated it to the version shown.
    Trying to eliminate the need for p/w at sign in, I ran netplwiz as I have always done.

Top USER ACCOUNTS is from the Install I've been upgrading for a long time
    Bottom USER ACCOUNTS is from today's clean install on another machine

There is no:
    "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" to uncheck
    in the clean install
    I have never seen this before and can't by pass the sign in p/w step

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Sign in without p/w issue [​IMG]

:)

2. 24C
    24c Win User

Did a clean install of Windows 10 and updated it to the version shown.
    Trying to eliminate the need for p/w at sign in, I ran netplwiz as I have always done.

Top USER ACCOUNTS is from the Install I've been upgrading for a long time
    Bottom USER ACCOUNTS is from today's clean install on another machine

There is no:
    "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" to uncheck
    in the clean install
    I have never seen this before and can't by pass the sign in p/w step

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

3. jm44jg39 Win User
    System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w

Thanks for the input. I solved the problem by using an OLD MS Account p/w. I don't understand why using System Restore to restore would not have the same MS Acct. p/w that is used to sign in with.

jm44jg39, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Sign in without p/w issue - Similar Threads - Sign without issue

2. Sign in screen issues w/PIN/password reset0

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in screen issues w/PIN/password reset0: Sign in screen wants PIN when my 'sign in' was changed to 'password' yesterday. Now I can't get in at all because the screen reverts to PIN and closes down without any options HELP HELP HELP...
  3. Windows 10 v 2004 how to reset p/w?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 v 2004 how to reset p/w?: When I select "forgot password", i get a window which requires a disk be inserted to reset p/w. Don't have a disk so how can I get around this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-v-2004-how-to-reset-pw/2d76b4bf-1327-47ce-af0d-4d7722d76e09
  4. ive tried recovering my p w with microsoft but i dont remember my p w microsoft says i dont...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ive tried recovering my p w with microsoft but i dont remember my p w microsoft says i dont...: i cant remember my password ive tried 6 times to retrieve it with microsoft and microsoft says i dont give them eneough information i tried using my pin but now my computer is frozen and is still asking for my password what can i do...
  5. Can't make changes without supplying admin p/w

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't make changes without supplying admin p/w: So, I have one computer on my network that someone must have been playing with and now I can't make any changes at all! When I tried to check settings for remote software I was having trouble with, I was prompted for my password not unexpected. Instead of being granted...
  6. Sign in without p/w issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sign in without p/w issue: Did a clean install of Windows 10 and updated it to the version shown. Trying to eliminate the need for p/w at sign in, I ran netplwiz as I have always done. Top USER ACCOUNTS is from the Install I've been upgrading for a long time Bottom USER ACCOUNTS is from today's clean...
  7. P@P Networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    P@P Networking: I have been trying to set up a P2P network for a local area network so that files can be shared internally through Ethernet connections. When I completed the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I lost all of my network settings. Please help. I cannot scan or share...
  8. Resetting login p/w:

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Resetting login p/w:: Which it the best way to reset a windows 10 login P/W? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-login-pw/f1c0dae4-dc22-4310-b372-7fb6a7e0b953
  9. Need to override past admin. p/w

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to override past admin. p/w: I have a Dell laptop that had windows 7 when purchased. I up graded to windows 10 with no problem, but my grandson made himself admin. and can't give me the right p/w to make changes, when needed. Any help would be appreciated. How do I get back to where I can do what I...
  10. System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w: Thanks for the input. I solved the problem by using an OLD MS Account p/w. I don't understand why using System Restore to restore would not have the same MS Acct. p/w that is used to sign in with.