Windows 10: Sign on not allowed w pin nor does my password work on my Asus PC. I have tried going into...

Discus and support Sign on not allowed w pin nor does my password work on my Asus PC. I have tried going into... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When my PC started, my Hello said it needed a pin to open. It doesn’t recognize my pin nor password. I am on locked screen. I went into my MS account... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Margaret S.Eckel, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Sign on not allowed w pin nor does my password work on my Asus PC. I have tried going into...

When my PC started, my Hello said it needed a pin to open. It doesn’t recognize my pin nor password. I am on locked screen. I went into my MS account on my phone & reset password. Still not able to get in. My account shows my PC but is not syncing with it. This all is right after an update. Any ideas?

:)

Margaret S.Eckel, Apr 3, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Sign on not allowed w pin nor does my password work on my Asus PC. I have tried going into...

Want to sign on with PIN instead of Password

Thank you for your reply Person.

Glad to know that the Pop up with the password manager is disabled with the above suggestion.

Try the below suggestions to fix the issue with Signing in using PIN authentication.

Steps 1: Launch the File Explorer.

Step 2: Browse to this location, and delete the contents of the folder.

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

Step 3: Go to Settings (Press Windows
    and I key), Accounts > Sign in Options.

Step 4: Click on Add a PIN and set your PIN.

Step 5: Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Sign on not allowed w pin nor does my password work on my Asus PC. I have tried going into...

1. Sign on not allowed w pin nor does my password work on my Asus PC. I have tried going into... - Similar Threads - Sign allowed pin

2. Windows sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor PIN.: 8/17/2023, Did a restart on my Windows 11 HP Omen Desktop Windows 11 update, and now the sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor pin. In fact the power selections do not work either. I've restarted many times, did a cold start, even shut down & unplugged...
  3. Windows sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor PIN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor PIN.: 8/17/2023, Did a restart on my Windows 11 HP Omen Desktop Windows 11 update, and now the sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor pin. In fact the power selections do not work either. I've restarted many times, did a cold start, even shut down & unplugged...
  4. my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?: my pin is gone, when I get to the user logging screen it knows my email and user name but the password is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pin-is-gone-and-the-password-does-not-work/09845edf-d67a-4758-8384-e2724549f2a6
  5. my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?: my pin is gone, when I get to the user logging screen it knows my email and user name but the password is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pin-is-gone-and-the-password-does-not-work/09845edf-d67a-4758-8384-e2724549f2a6
  6. my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

7. My pin nor my password are working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pin nor my password are working.: I’ve seen a lot of posts on here about this issue, but not one has helped me. My pin shows up as unavailable and my password doesnt work even though its correct. All of the troubleshooting options ask me for the password and still it shows up as incorrect even though its...
  8. My pin nor my password are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pin nor my password are working.: I’ve seen a lot of posts on here about this issue, but not one has helped me. My pin shows up as unavailable and my password doesnt work even though its correct. All of the troubleshooting options ask me for the password and still it shows up as incorrect even though its...
  9. My pin nor my password are working.

10. PIN and Password nor working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN and Password nor working: I recently reset my pin. I have been getting the following error message: "Something happened and your pin isn't available. Choose another sign-in option and set up your PIN again by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options." I tried using my password and it's not...