Windows 10: Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions.

Discus and support Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I hope you are having a great day so far! So I use a HP Stream 14 and recently after the 1903 update I haven't been able to sign in. I've seen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Someuser10, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions.

Hello I hope you are having a great day so far! So I use a HP Stream 14 and recently after the 1903 update I haven't been able to sign in. I've seen other people struggling with the sign out loop too. However, most of the solutions don't work or they require admin. I usually use a standard account with safe mode off and a PIN. I have forgotten the admin password and and security questions. I also don't have enough space to to reset. Is there anything I can do other than buying a new one? This happened a few months ago.

:)

Someuser10, Jan 25, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Admin accounts

Yes.

An admin, if they try to browse the user folder of any other user (standard or admin) will be told they don't have access, but will be offered permanent access if they wish by clicking Continue. You won't accidentally stumble across her files, but you could look for them if you were determined. Can she trust you (or can you trust yourself) not to click Continue?

Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions. [​IMG]

Even signed in as an admin, most of the time you are running processes or apps as a standard user anyway. Only when you try to do something that requires admin rights will you be asked (as in the folder example above) if you want to use your admin privileges. The 'harm' would be if you click 'Yes' on a UAC prompt before taking the time to think about what it is that you'd be allowing to run.

3. Gusgf Win User
    Admin accounts

I'm getting my partner to give me a user account whereby I'll be able to login and install software at will. My questions are:
    • Does this need to be an admin account?
    • Secondly I don't want to see what files she has, that's her business and I know admin level users can see the files for a standard user but can they also view another admin's files?
    • And lastly I've often heard when one is doing normal day to day stuff on their computer they shouldn't sign in with their privileged account. But with UAC enabled if I do only sign in with my admin account what is the harm?

Appreciate your help

Windows 10 Pro

Gusgf, Jan 25, 2022
  4. C0zzie Win User

Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions.

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions.

1. Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions. - Similar Threads - Sign loop standard

2. Blocked admin account by standard account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked admin account by standard account: Hi ! please someone help me i need to tell you that i was setting some fuctions for me ..... ya i know i stupid but somehow i changed my account type to standard and block admin account ....i can't get admin powers and admin account is gone somewhere i need help please :...
  3. Blocked admin account by standard account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked admin account by standard account: Hi ! please someone help me i need to tell you that i was setting some fuctions for me ..... ya i know i stupid but somehow i changed my account type to standard and block admin account ....i can't get admin powers and admin account is gone somewhere i need help please :...
  4. Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions.: Hello I hope you are having a great day so far! So I use a HP Stream 14 and recently after the 1903 update I haven't been able to sign in. I've seen other people struggling with the sign out loop too. However, most of the solutions don't work or they require admin. I usually...
  5. Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions.: Hello I hope you are having a great day so far! So I use a HP Stream 14 and recently after the 1903 update I haven't been able to sign in. I've seen other people struggling with the sign out loop too. However, most of the solutions don't work or they require admin. I usually...
  6. Question about Standard User Account and programs with needing Admin to update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Standard User Account and programs with needing Admin to update.: I'm the owner of my pc but use the Standard User Account for everything. I wanted to know if there was a way to make a program such as Steam or Battlenet to not ask for an admin password everytime they update? Thanks submitted by /u/ravenomega [link] [comments]...
  7. Security practice - standard and admin - UAC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Security practice - standard and admin - UAC: Hi, It is a good security practice to have standard account as primary account and only use admin account when elevated access needed. Is this the same as when i just turn on “maximum” notifications through UAC. This means i get prompt/notification when: - Application...
  8. About accounts: Admin/Standard user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    About accounts: Admin/Standard user?: I just did a clean install of W10 for a friend. I havent set up a fresh install of 10 and am familar with the structure of accounts in W7> So. Clarify for me the "rights" of accounts(that i set up) in W10 Do they have adminstrator rights? Plan was to set up and Admin account...
  9. Local Admin Account vs standard Account

Local Admin Account vs standard Account: i have to ask this i am on Windows 10 Home build 16299.19 as i am currently terminating an old account and going to my most current account but i am concerned that the one i use to login into my current PC might be lost and i do wonder if the admin account i use for this HP...
  10. Set up admin account on system with standard account only

Set up admin account on system with standard account only: Hello everyone. This is my first post on Ten Forums. How can I create an admin account on a system that only has a standard user account? I suspect that the answer is that I can't, but I live in hope. I can't provide specific details of the PC in question because it's...