Windows 10: Sign out of child account on local account

Discus and support Sign out of child account on local account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I created a local account and on the windows store I signed in as a child account, which ended up changing my local account to use the child account. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AdrianNelson2, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Sign out of child account on local account

I created a local account and on the windows store I signed in as a child account, which ended up changing my local account to use the child account. I now can't use xbox gamepass and when I go into settings there isn't an option to sign out of the account. How do I sign out of the account without removing it from the family or changing the account age to an adult?edit: the child account was removed from the family yet I still need permission from a parent to access the xbox app.

:)

AdrianNelson2, Apr 4, 2022

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2022
  3. JS1701 Win User
    Can a local user be changed to a child account?

Windows 10 Home
    ver 1909

Hello,

I'm trying to see if there's a way to change a local account (standard user) to a child account so it can be managed in the Microsoft Family?

I tried to follow the steps here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-c8f8cca1d52f

but there's no option for "family and other users".

They do not have Microsoft accounts. Do I need to basically create a new child account at Windows setup?

Any assistance appreciated.

JS1701, Apr 4, 2022
  4. Sign out of child account on local account

Merge local child account with Microsoft account?

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kindly follow the steps.

1. Login to your child's local account.

2. Press Windows key and go to Settings > Account > Your Account > Sign-in with a Microsoft Account.

3. Enter your child's Microsoft email and password and click Next.

4. Now enter your child's old local account password.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

This will not remove any data from your child's account, instead connect your child's Microsoft Account to their respective local account. Make sure you add your child to the family from accounts.live.com

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

Sign out of child account on local account

1. Sign out of child account on local account - Similar Threads - Sign child account

2. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10: Hello folks, I'm in a bind here, hope some can help me.I decided to create a Microsoft account for my 9 year old to use in our Xbox. In all it's wisdom, Windows 10 decided to associate this limited child account to my local administrator account. Now my administrator account...
  3. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10: Hello folks, I'm in a bind here, hope some can help me.I decided to create a Microsoft account for my 9 year old to use in our Xbox. In all it's wisdom, Windows 10 decided to associate this limited child account to my local administrator account. Now my administrator account...
  4. Sign out of child account on local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign out of child account on local account: I created a local account and on the windows store I signed in as a child account, which ended up changing my local account to use the child account. I now can't use xbox gamepass and when I go into settings there isn't an option to sign out of the account. How do I sign out...
  5. Signing In with a child user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing In with a child user account: Hello! I Tried to Sign-in with a child account. But i can't.. It says ''You need an Internet Connection For This''. But I can Sign-In with the administrator Account, WITHOUT Internet Connection....
  6. Local Admin Account hijacked by child's Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Admin Account hijacked by child's Microsoft account: Hi, When we originally set up our shared home computer, we set it up with just a local account because we didn't feel it necessary for each of the 5 people in our house to have to log in separately. But when my 12 year old daughter created a Microsoft account for a game or...
  7. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  8. Signing out of a Local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signing out of a Local account: Winver 1903 Build 18362l.175 On any of my Local account machines, if I sign out and try to sign back in I am asked for my password. So far so good. If give it my MS Account password do I get signed in to that MS Account and not my Local Account? That seems to be the case but...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...