Windows 10: Sign with Microsoft account in Windows 10

Discus and support Sign with Microsoft account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just noticed that I have 2 microsoft account and the one that I used to log in to my Asus Laptop is the microsoft account that I never used at all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michelle Alviana, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Sign with Microsoft account in Windows 10

I just noticed that I have 2 microsoft account and the one that I used to log in to my Asus Laptop is the microsoft account that I never used at all let's say it's A.

Now I want to migrate all windows settings and data to other microsoft account B. Is it possible if I change the user profile to local first and then change it back to microsoft account but instead of microsoft account A, I used the B one? Will it retain all the old settings this way?

***Modified title from: Windows 10 User Profile***

:)

Michelle Alviana, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 20, 2020
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Teokute Win User

Sign with Microsoft account in Windows 10

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Sign with Microsoft account in Windows 10 :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Sign with Microsoft account in Windows 10

1. Sign with Microsoft account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sign Microsoft account

2. Can't sign in to Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to Microsoft Account on Windows 10: I've been trying to sign in to my Microsoft Account on Windows 10, but every time after it asks for my Windows password it loads for a while then displays a message that says "Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again." These...
  3. Microsoft account sign-in on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account sign-in on Windows 10: I have a new laptop and cannot sign-in to my Microsoft account. I know that I have the correct user name and password because I can sign into the account from my browser as well as on another laptop. The problem began when I created a local account and then, when I...
  4. Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows 10: I refreshed windows to solve a driver side that was blue screening my PC, but would conveniently not leave a dunp file. During the refresh, when it came time to sign into my Microsoft account, a crappy looking login screen came up. I entered my email, and the authenticator...
  5. Signing into Microsoft Account on Minecraft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing into Microsoft Account on Minecraft Windows 10: I paid and downloaded Minecraft Windows 10 for my PC a couple of weeks ago and since I first opened the app I have been unable to sign into my Microsoft account. I own Minecraft for both 'Apple' and 'Android' devices and I haven't had any problems with signing into my...
  6. Cannot sign in Microsoft account on Windows 10

Cannot sign in Microsoft account on Windows 10: Hi everyone, I tried to sign in Microsoft account instead of local account but It always show this message: How can i fix it? Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  7. Signed into Microsoft Account but windows 10 security states not signed in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed into Microsoft Account but windows 10 security states not signed in: I am signed in to my Microsoft Account, yet Windows 10 Security page states I am not signed it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signed-into-microsoft-account-but-windows-10/a3052344-9911-4d78-a03d-b60fd995f70f"
  8. Signing in with a Microsoft Account - Windows 10

Signing in with a Microsoft Account - Windows 10: When I try to switch from a local account to my Microsoft Account, I am unable to do so as it keeps stating the password is wrong. The password is correct as I can sign in to every other Microsoft password protected service. The Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant service...
  9. Signing-in to Microsoft Account - Windows 10

Signing-in to Microsoft Account - Windows 10: I just opened my outlook.com Inbox, clicked on a Community notification email and this appeared: [ATTACH] This is the first time that I've seen this - is it a new safety measure? I've not read about it....
  10. Windows 10 and Microsoft Account Sign-in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 and Microsoft Account Sign-in: Somehow along the way Microsoft made me create a new password for my Microsoft Outlook email account because they thought it was being accessed by a stranger! I think the stranger was me using my Amazon Fire Tablet while on vacation. Anyway, I now have one password to log...