Windows 10: Signal strength mystery

Discus and support Signal strength mystery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A technical mystery. It starts with a coax line that carries both a Direct TV line and a cable modem line. With a standard coax spitter, the two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by khl, Aug 27, 2019.

1. KHL
    khl Win User

Signal strength mystery

A technical mystery.

It starts with a coax line that carries both a Direct TV line and a cable modem line. With a standard coax spitter, the two signals are easily divided between a Direct TV receiver and a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with no trouble.

However, when I attach a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem in place of the DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem, problems arise. As soon as the DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem acquires a signal and tries to make a data connection, the Direct TV signal acts as if it's been attenuated as if receiving a weaker TV signal during a storm.

I've tried different splitters, and that makes no difference. I've tried signal amplifiers and that makes no difference.

Online searches describing the issue have produced no answers. It's as if this if the only time this has ever happened.

So, does anyone know of the cause of the problem or of a solution?

:)

2. ARC
    Arc Win User

WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced.

Thanks! Which mobile app do you suggest?

When the router was installed, it was checked and the best place was selected. All the issue appeared very recently.

3. Wilson T Win User
    measure signal strength

Is this the only way to measure signal strength?

Is it possible to measure signal strength by using third-party software such as
    Homedale? Which method is more accurate?

Wilson T, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Nate W.H. Win User

Signal strength mystery

problem in checking signal strength of wifi

Hi Nitin kishan Sharma,

Being able to see your Wi-Fi signal strength from the home screen sounds like a pretty useful function. I would encourage you to make a feature request directly to the Windows Phone Development Team at

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions
    . Many features requested here have been added in the past and if you suggest the Wi-Fi signal strength to show on the icon it may be added to future OS releases.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Signal strength mystery

1. Signal strength mystery - Similar Threads - Signal strength mystery

2. How to check the signal strength rssi of a Bluetooth connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to check the signal strength rssi of a Bluetooth connection?: Hello!I can't figure out how to check the signal strength of the Bluetooth connection between my PC and my headphones. I was hoping to obtain a RSSI value, but it does not appear there is a way to do so on Windows.Any assistance is appreciated.Best Regards,Adam...
  3. How to check the signal strength rssi of a Bluetooth connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check the signal strength rssi of a Bluetooth connection?: Hello!I can't figure out how to check the signal strength of the Bluetooth connection between my PC and my headphones. I was hoping to obtain a RSSI value, but it does not appear there is a way to do so on Windows.Any assistance is appreciated.Best Regards,Adam...
  4. Wireless wi fi signal strength low

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless wi fi signal strength low: Recently my wireless wi fi signal has got low in basement for some reason. Have the lowest end router and after contacting cox cable they said i had to many devices on wireless 2-3 they say good, i had 5, but removed 2 of them. Problem started after a rou tv was added, but it...
  5. Perfect signal strength, slow Internet

Perfect signal strength, slow Internet: Perfect signal strength still gives ridiculously slow Internet. I have tried these solutions and they are useless - reset/diagnose this and that (temporary solution until next time, not a fix) I will not even try these - reset the OS (just won't do that, period)...
  6. Devolo 500 Signal Strength

Devolo 500 Signal Strength: I have the following set up. Router connected to Dlan 500 duo with Cat5 cable Two dlan 500 Wifi: One located on the same floor, (Drawing Room) as the Router and one on the floor below (Xander) Using Cockpit the signal strength to Drawing Room is 200 Mbits/s and to Xander 74...
  7. Low Wi-Fi signal strength on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Low Wi-Fi signal strength on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Do you face low Wi-Fi signal strength on your Windows computer after an update or re-installation? This post talks about a few methods to fix this issue and overcome low signal strength on your computer. With our cognitive revolution, the [...] This post Low Wi-Fi...
  8. WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced.

WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced.: Hi. I am not any good with networking, so I am asking here. My WiFi router is placed at the first floor; and my entire home (two floors) was well served by it. For about a week, I was noticing that the WiFi signal strength is reducing in some rooms of the ground floor....
  9. Wifi keeps on losing signal strength

Wifi keeps on losing signal strength: So I Google Searched every possible solution and nothing really helped, I even went to the point going to the configure in Network Adapter Settings > Configure > Ticked off Allowed The Computer To Turn Off This Device To Save Power It worked For 15 minutes or so, then the...
  10. View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10: How to: View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10 How to View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10 The performance of a wireless network connection depends greatly on its signal strength. This tutorial will show you different ways to view the...