Windows 10: Signed File System driver refusses to be loade during boot

Discus and support Signed File System driver refusses to be loade during boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,a file system driver that I've developend and signed by MS is beign refused by at Win10 startup processof. ntbtlog.txt:...BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IgalKroyter, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Signed File System driver refusses to be loade during boot

Hi,a file system driver that I've developend and signed by MS is beign refused by at Win10 startup processof. ntbtlog.txt:...BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\myfs.sys...I have ap[plied the signtool to verify the chain og signatures - all good.Where can I find the reason for the failure?

:)

IgalKroyter, Aug 24, 2021
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Boot files not loaded

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics driver. You may visit the manufacturer's support site to find the latest graphics driver.

You can also run the System File Check tool to check if there is system file corruption.
    To run the tool, follow these steps:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Startbutton, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc /scannow

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Aug 24, 2021
  3. Ar3s Win User
    HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

4. Luke F Win User

Signed File System driver refusses to be loade during boot

Is it possible to load a self-signed driver on Windows 10 without Test Mode?

I am referring to the latest x64 build of Windows 10 Pro version 1809. The machine in question can have Secure Boot either enabled or disabled, and is capable of custom secure boot keys.

The driver in question must be loaded at boot, and is one I have written for my personal use on my daily-driver laptop, hence I am hesitant to use Test Mode for security reasons, or to go through the hassle and cost of a paid certificate.

Is there some sort of facility to load a driver signed by my own key, where said key can be manually trusted in Windows and in Secure Boot, without blanket-allowing all drivers (i.e. Test Mode)?

There is an article that suggests this is possible - Licensed Driver Signing in Windows 10 - however there is a tidbit at the bottom that, for me, invalidates the approach:

Has anyone been successful in persistently loading a self-signed driver using this or a similar approach?

Luke F, Aug 24, 2021
Thema:

Signed File System driver refusses to be loade during boot

1. Signed File System driver refusses to be loade during boot - Similar Threads - Signed File System

2. Computer freezes during system boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes during system boot up: I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop model# G513QM that has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor that operates on Windows 11. I had been playing a game online that was being a little laggy so I decided to restart my computer. Upon doing so the system now freezes at the Republic of...
  3. System Preparing Repair during boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Preparing Repair during boot up: yesterday night i got a software update and 2 additional updates. One is driver update and second one is firmware update. My synaptics touchpad two finger scrolling is not working so i thought maybe the additional update was for the driver and so i installed it. The laptop...
  4. System Preparing Repair during boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Preparing Repair during boot up: yesterday night i got a software update and 2 additional updates. One is driver update and second one is firmware update. My synaptics touchpad two finger scrolling is not working so i thought maybe the additional update was for the driver and so i installed it. The laptop...
  5. Sys Files loading more than once during boot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sys Files loading more than once during boot.: When Booting up my Windows 10 system, the startup process tries to load dxgkrnl.sys 5 extra times; then it tries to load NDProxy.sys four extra times. Next it tries to load WdFilter.sys two extra times. Needless to say, this extends the boot time. Looking through the boot log...
  6. System asking for password during boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System asking for password during boot up.: I'm trying to help a friend with a computer issue he is having. From what he tells me, his computer was running slow and he tried to speed it up by factory resetting his computer. When all as said and done, he tried starting his computer but during boot up it asks for a...
  7. Windows loading screen crashes during boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows loading screen crashes during boot.: Hey my pc has been wotking absolutely fine until today i turned it on and the monitor disconnected so i had a go at troubleshooting it. It loaded up fine in safe mode, so i tried reinstalling the graphics drivers, aswell as removing them. After, instead of disconnecting the...
  8. System freezes during driver installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System freezes during driver installation: Hey guys. Having an annoying problem where when I try and install a software package for a device the system hard locks during the driver installation phase. No BSOD, simply freezes at the same point during the installation. Doesn't do it for every device I've installed...
  9. Boot files that do not load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot files that do not load: The boot log reveals one instance of DXGKRNL.sys loading and four NOT loading. DXdiag shows no errors. It also has one WDFILTER.sys NOT loaded entry. Is this of any consequence? If so, what's the fix? 78726
  10. Verify if System Files and Drivers are Digitally Signed in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Verify if System Files and Drivers are Digitally Signed in Windows: How to: Verify if System Files and Drivers are Digitally Signed in Windows How to Verify if System Files and Drivers are Digitally Signed in Windows [img] Information To help maintain the integrity of your system, critical files have been digitally signed so that any...