Windows 10: Signed in to Mail app - now account is my Windows Email account

Discus and support Signed in to Mail app - now account is my Windows Email account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, Upgraded from Windows 7 to Win 10 and was loving it (was). Saw there was a mail app and thought that would be pretty handy. Signed in and since... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Slack666, May 2, 2016.

1. Slack666 Win User

Signed in to Mail app - now account is my Windows Email account

Hi,

Upgraded from Windows 7 to Win 10 and was loving it (was). Saw there was a mail app and thought that would be pretty handy. Signed in and since then, I have to log in to my PC as my email address and password.

I don't want that.

How do I revert my existing user back to a non-Windows live user, with a normal, local account and password?

I am happy to not use the Mail app if that's what it takes, but my concern is that the profile I have now has all my icons and docs and stuff and I don't want to go through the hassle of copying over the profile.

There must be a way to undo this change, but I can't find it.

Thanks

:)

Slack666, May 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 Mail

Hi

Thank you for your reply

• Mail app

• I did not make any changes to outlook email account after installing Windows 10. The setup was – Email account 1 –was primary alias and is the account I signed in with on my laptop. And the account listed in Mail.
      Email account 2 was an alias account which I could not sent an email from through Mail.
    I may have mucked things though I changed Email account 2 to be primary alias, Consequences - Email account 2 is now sign on account for laptop but does not appear on Mail for dispatch of emails. And trying to add Email account 2. I now receive the
    message “mail error 0x8000ffff”

• After installing Windows 10
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bruce Rutter, May 2, 2016
  3. The MAIL app on W10 does not synchronise @outlook.com account - error 0x85050041

I solved my problem by deleting the accounts from the MAIL app and then I went to settings, my account, sign-in with a local account (instead of Microsoft account) and the checked for updates, restarted my computer and added my email accounts back to the
    MAIL app...it works fine now Signed in to Mail app - now account is my Windows Email account :)

p.s. I dont have an antivirus software installed Signed in to Mail app - now account is my Windows Email account :)

SimonaUdovč, May 2, 2016
  4. flybynite Win User

Signed in to Mail app - now account is my Windows Email account [​IMG]

flybynite, May 2, 2016
  5. Slack666 Win User
    Awesome, thank you so much.

Stupid that you can't get to that screen you showed from Control Panel / User Accounts (at least, I couldn't find that there and had to search for Accounts to find it).

Also 10/10 for the redacting and highlighting... I do it the same way at work *Smile

Again, thank you!!

Slack666, May 2, 2016
  6. flybynite Win User
    Control Panel is gradually being replaced with the Settings App.

flybynite, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Signed in to Mail app - now account is my Windows Email account - Similar Threads - Signed Mail app

2. Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App: I have a work account from my company. I try to sign in to my work account at Mail App, but I have trouble that I have to receive an email yet. The advanced mailbox setup has been corrected and I got it from my company. Until now, I can't sign in to my work account. How to...
  3. Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App: I have a work account from my company. I try to sign in to my work account at Mail App, but I have trouble that I have to receive an email yet. The advanced mailbox setup has been corrected and I got it from my company. Until now, I can't sign in to my work account. How to...
  4. How to sign out of email account in Mail app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to sign out of email account in Mail app in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you want to log out of one email account when using multiple email account in Windows 11/10 Mail app, here is how you can do that. There are two ways to sign out of an email account in the Mail app if you use Gmail ID. Otherwise, you can use the first method to […]...
  5. Can't add an email account to Windows mail app

Can't add an email account to Windows mail app: I cannot add another email in the mail app. I go through the steps but Windows gets stuck on this screen. I've left it for hours but it does not make any progress. Thank you in advance. [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app ignoring email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app ignoring email accounts: As you can see in the image below, I have setup (even two different) email accounts but the Windows 10 Mail app acts as if I have not setup any... [img] I already tried the official MS forums to no avail. I.e. deleting and re-adding accounts, reinstalling Mail app or...
  7. Mail app ignoring my email accounts

Mail app ignoring my email accounts: In spite of having created even two different Email accounts, the Mail app only shows the "Welcome to Mail" screen asking me to add an account... What is wrong? [ATTACH]...
  8. Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing

Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing: I have several outlook.com email accounts configured on the Mail app in Windows 10. But every now and again, I find that one or two of the accounts are no longer reflected and then the only alternative is to add them back again. Why is that so? Would it be to some sort of...
  9. Cannot recreate email account in Mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot recreate email account in Mail app: I was advised to delete / restore 2 failed accounts in the Mail app. The Outlook account was restored OK but I cannot get my second account, Yahoo, back. I can access the account OK online and in my Android tablet, but not in the Windows 10 PC Mail app. I reach the stage...
  10. Windows 10 mail app combine email accounts?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app combine email accounts?: This might be a really stupid question but i CANNOT find the setting to combine all my email accounts on the Windows 10 email app and it's really frustrating me, i searched all over google and can't find anything I just dont see the anywhere. 37960