Windows 10: Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account

Discus and support Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I switched my account to a local account and that seemed to mess up my Outlook app. I clicked Fix account, nothing happens. I try to sign in with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MattRomo, Feb 4, 2019.

1. MattRomo Win User

Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account

I switched my account to a local account and that seemed to mess up my Outlook app. I clicked Fix account, nothing happens. I try to sign in with Microsoft account in settings, a screen comes up and disappears immediately.

:)

MattRomo, Feb 4, 2019

2. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, Feb 4, 2019
  3. DarWun Win User
    Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account

Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin account - no Sign in with local account instead link available

Thanks for the response. What I suggest you do is to switch to a local account and then switch back to your Microsoft account.

Here's how:

• Sign in using the Microsoft account.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type the password of the Microsoft account and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account, click Next.
    • Click Sign out and finish.

Once you're done switching to a local account, you can now set your new Microsoft account to associate on your Windows 10 computer. Make sure to type in the correct email address you want to associate to your PC. Follow the steps provided above and click
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead to set up your new account.

Should you have further questions, let me know.

Aileen Alf, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account

1. Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Signed local account

2. unable to switch to a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to switch to a local account: Hey ,Recently I have update to windows 10 professional and logged in as administrator with a Microsoft account which is connected to my Edu mail . Now i want to switch my Microsoft account without losing any of my data saved as that particular user . For the same purpose i...
  3. unable to switch to a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to switch to a local account: Hey ,Recently I have update to windows 10 professional and logged in as administrator with a Microsoft account which is connected to my Edu mail . Now i want to switch my Microsoft account without losing any of my data saved as that particular user . For the same purpose i...
  4. unable to switch to a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to Switch from Local to Microsoft Account

Unable to Switch from Local to Microsoft Account: I have a laptop that was setup with a local account. Now I am trying to switch to a Microsoft Account. However, when I click on the Sign-in with a Microsoft Account Instead button, the Microsoft Account screen pops up and closes without any opportunity to log-in. Same thing...
  6. Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...

Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...: So my little brother wanted to buy Minecraft for Windows 10. His computer was set up with a single local administrator account and remained local up to this point. The Store requires you to sign in to a Microsoft account to buy stuff, so I did that with his Microsoft account...
  7. local account unable to switch to MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    local account unable to switch to MS account: I tried everything on the account page to no avail. When I googled the issue, I saw many folks with the same issue. How is whis done with Windows 10 Pro 1809? I was told to use a second account for my wife to backup itunes so gave her a local account then cold not get back to...
  8. local account unable to switch to MS account

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    local account unable to switch to MS account: I tried everything on the account page to no avail. When I googled the issue, I saw many folks with the same issue. How is whis done with Windows 10 Pro 1809? I was told to use a second account for my wife to backup itunes so gave her a local account then cold not get back to...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to switch to microsoft account from local account windows 10

2. unable to swith microsoft account on my laptop