Windows 10: Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast

Discus and support Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was troubled by the red dot and "X" beside some files in windows explorer so was recommended to uninstall my antivirus software because Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lbeck, Jan 1, 2019.

1. lbeck Win User

Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast

I was troubled by the red dot and "X" beside some files in windows explorer so was recommended to uninstall my antivirus software because Windows Defender is sufficient. Running McAfee utility MCPR.exe the first thing that happened was I get a very small window almost impossible to read. See image with window in upper left corner. Then entering the security (capcha?) characters just continues to provided updated characters without allowing me to proceed.

Then trying to uninstall Avast my computer on rebooting gives the OS select screen (see blue image). Selecting the Avast option puts me in safe mode without instructions on how to proceed.

Booting into W10 still works but now Microsoft Word isn't operating properly, giving error messages shown in the other image.

What have I done wrong and how should I proceed? Rebooting continues to produce the same Avast boot option. Running MCPR.exe continues to produce the small window without allowing the uninstall to continue, and I continue to have problems with MSFT Word.

Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast [​IMG]

:)

lbeck, Jan 1, 2019

2. McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, Jan 1, 2019
  3. DBrambila Win User
    Uninstall Avast program

I thank you for prompt response. However, I follow your advice and try to use Avast uninstaller tool, they suggest to allow the tool to put the computer on safe mode. Its that a good thing to do?

DBrambila, Jan 1, 2019
  4. PattyS Win User

Mcafee reinstalls files after uninstall

Hi Borg,

I downloaded ESET AV Remover. It did not find the remaining files of McAfee, but it did a great job of uninstalling the AVG files. I wanted to get rid of that, but it did not show up on Revo Uninstaller. The ESET website does have instructions on how to manually remove files by starting in SafeMode. I'll try that next, and let you know. Thanks!

Update:
    I tried the manual uninstall as instructed on the ESET page, but McAfee *Devilstill doesn't allow me permission. On to the next suggestion! McAfee is most definitely a virus

PattyS, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast - Similar Threads - Significant problems while

2. Problem uninstalling McAfee product?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem uninstalling McAfee product?: I have read various threads about this problem. I was able to solve the problem doing these things. I will start with the last thing I did, because I think it is what ultimately solved the problem:Get into Control Panel in Windows10. Find the option in control panel that...
  3. mcafee uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    mcafee uninstall: I reset my windows 10 laptop. I deselected the option to install mcafee security. yet It got installed. now I m trying touninstall it but unsuccessful. plz provide solution...
  4. NEED TO UNINSTALL AVAST BUT ...

NEED TO UNINSTALL AVAST BUT ...: I read your Q&A regarding this issue. Have tried and uninstall Avast, but now it is BACK! Now you say I am to download avast-clear from AVAST!?! Will it not install other undeletable issues on my computer?!...
  5. Uninstall McAfee

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall McAfee: I tried to uninstall the App via Settings, as well as via the Uninstall Programs on the Control Panel. No success at all - the response is: Navigation to web page was cancelled. I can't refresh the page. The only way to get out is to Close Window on the Taskbar...
  6. Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.: I've been told that in order to avoid problems when installing Windows 1903 from an .iso file, it would be best to turn off or uninstall any Antivirus programs. I have Avast and used IOBitUninstaller and it appeared at first to be a successful uninstall, but the icon for...
  7. Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.: I've been told that in order to avoid problems when installing Windows 1903 from an .iso file, it would be best to turn off or uninstall any Antivirus programs. I have Avast and used IOBitUninstaller and it appeared at first to be a successful uninstall, but the icon for...
  8. Uninstalling McAfee

Uninstalling McAfee: I need to update Windows and in order to do that I need to uninstall McAfee. I tried using the default uninstall provided by Windows but it said I could not uninstall as other programs were using McAfee Agent. I then tried using the MCPR which seems to have worked for most...
  9. How to Uninstall Avast?

How to Uninstall Avast?: I can not uninstall avast free antivirus software [Original Title: unsalling] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-avast/068290b9-8558-4e42-9067-8c1cb2809174
  10. Uninstall McAfee Suites

Uninstall McAfee Suites: I have tried unsuccessfully to uninstall McAfee Suites. I think it is interfering with my current security suites. McAfee may have been previously downloaded or unintentionally through some other source. Any advice on how to accomplish? I've tried the uninstall within the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mcafee uninstall corrupted windows defender update engine 2019

2. mcafee live update uninstall error message