Windows 10: Significantly reduced performance after switching to windows 10

Discus and support Significantly reduced performance after switching to windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently switched the OS on my acer laptop from Linux to windows due to server issues on my linux machine. Since switching I have noticed a dramatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by guywithaproblemlmao, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Significantly reduced performance after switching to windows 10

I recently switched the OS on my acer laptop from Linux to windows due to server issues on my linux machine. Since switching I have noticed a dramatic reduction in the performance of my laptop. My laptop now runs much hotter than before, my fan is running at max speed constantly, even when I am just using VS code, and I am getting far laggier programs as a result.
    Simply put, what gives? My hardware didn't change at all and my laptop used to run very well and rarely get this hot. And when I used to run windows 10 on this laptop a year ago, it was far faster than it is now.
    My specs are here, is there a setting that I did wrong? Or anything else that I am forgetting?
    Thank you in advance for your help. Significantly reduced performance after switching to windows 10 25e09a2f-0b18-44c0-8d44-42a5efcc404d?upload=true.png

:)

guywithaproblemlmao, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Aera Rua Win User

Significantly reduced performance after switching to windows 10

Reduced Pc performance after installing win10 home(preinstalled)

Hi,

PC performance may be reduced for a couple of reasons. It may have been due to high CPU usage of some software or due to some corrupted system files. We would like to gather more information about this concern to be able to find a fix for your concern, please
    answer the following questions:

• Did you upgrade from a previous Windows version?
    • Have you checked your hardware and system requirements? RAM? ROM?
    • Did you receive any sort of error message?

For the meantime, you can follow the steps provided in this
    article
    to optimize your Windows 10 PC for better performance.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Aera Rua, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Significantly reduced performance after switching to windows 10

1. Significantly reduced performance after switching to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Significantly reduced performance

2. significant performance decrease

in Windows 10 Gaming
    significant performance decrease: i have a gaming pc which runs very good on most games but today my pc has been acting weird and on games i have the worst fps just randomly like that.before i would have very good fps on a game called squad for example, where i would have 60-70 fps at best but now it is just...
  3. significant performance decrease

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    significant performance decrease: i have a gaming pc which runs very good on most games but today my pc has been acting weird and on games i have the worst fps just randomly like that.before i would have very good fps on a game called squad for example, where i would have 60-70 fps at best but now it is just...
  4. significant performance decrease

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop: I use RDP to access a very remote PC regularly. It is very remote, has a satellite connection, but generally is 60ms latency and multi MBit bandwidth. 90% of the time its practically as good as sitting at a local machine.I use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, and for...
  6. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop: I use RDP to access a very remote PC regularly. It is very remote, has a satellite connection, but generally is 60ms latency and multi MBit bandwidth. 90% of the time its practically as good as sitting at a local machine.I use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, and for...
  7. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Significant loss of CPU/gaming performance Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Significant loss of CPU/gaming performance Windows 10 22H2: I've just wasted several days trying to figure out why my potato laptop has been suffering significant gaming performance drops. Where previously I was getting around 55-60fps I was now only getting 30-45fps in Forza Horizon 5.I wasn't able to unwind the Windows 10 22H2...
  9. Significant loss of CPU/gaming performance Windows 10 22H2

Significant loss of CPU/gaming performance Windows 10 22H2: I've just wasted several days trying to figure out why my potato laptop has been suffering significant gaming performance drops. Where previously I was getting around 55-60fps I was now only getting 30-45fps in Forza Horizon 5.I wasn't able to unwind the Windows 10 22H2...
  10. Battery performance reduced incredibly after update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery performance reduced incredibly after update to Windows 10: I have an Asus t100TA, with a battery that works for a few hours (like four or five) on Windows 8.1, but after updating to Windows 10, it has been reduced to approximately 2 hours. That's less than half. The charging speed has also decreased. I have to keep my computer on...