Windows 10: Signin failure

Discus and support Signin failure in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I cannot sign-in with passwords to Windows on my PC. It stopped working several days ago. I have tried some fixes without success...... my passwords... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by clayto, May 29, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

Signin failure

I cannot sign-in with passwords to Windows on my PC. It stopped working several days ago. I have tried some fixes without success...... my passwords are not accepted. I have reset to a different one and am now on my fifth variation. SFC found and repaired some faults but without curing the sign-in issue. I tried to get help from MS Chat Support but when they managed to get a new password accepted they though that was the end of the case, despite my doubts. As I expected, that password was soon rejected. In Settings I cannot validate my identity as requested.

My Outlook account in Mail ---- desktop ---- cannot be opened or fixed, but I am able to access it and sign-in online.

It seems more complicated than I anticipated. For example, I was directed to 'Shared experience' (for the first time) where I was told "some of your accounts require attention" but clicking Fix now just told me 'something' went wrong. It did however offer an error code which led me to some detailed advice, but nothing which has worked so far. The code is 0x80090016. I understand there might be something to be gained from seeing if I can use the password to sign-in in Safe Mode, though I am not sure what.

Fortunately, I use a PIN to sign-in which is still working, so I have access to my PC at least for the present, and I have been able to use Windows apps on other devices, namely an Android phone (newly acquired) and an Android tablet ---- so long as I enter the latest version of the password. I guess that shows the fault lies with Windows on my PC?

:)

clayto, May 29, 2019

2. Re-signin

Problem: read or doze for not many seconds and Windows 10 makes me re-signin. How to avoid or lengthen time? Guru Kirin suggested typing power and sleep, then selecting same. How does one do that? I get the words power and sleep, or by clicking, I get
    them on white field with blue background. But I cannot get to next step: select time. Time is not a choice I can find. Next step goes undone, and I don't achieve goal.

SteveLawrenceSF, May 29, 2019
  3. old1mike Win User
    'signin with local account' not working

Tried those. Did not work. Did some more checking. CMD(admin) window net user shows all the user accounts. LUSMGR.msc there are no users listed. Not sure if this is part of my problem. Also, found reference to ntrights. Will see if that might help with specific user (mine) that I cannot change to local signin.

old1mike, May 29, 2019
  4. Signin failure

Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Signin failure

1. Signin failure - Similar Threads - Signin failure

2. There is a nonexistent account at signin that windows tries auto-logging into, and failing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a nonexistent account at signin that windows tries auto-logging into, and failing...: Every time I start windows, it tries logging into this non-existent local account. Picture 1This account does not exist, and never existed prior to the latest update, and it also still does NOT exist, only at the login screen. So every single time I start my computer now, I...
  3. There is a nonexistent account at signin that windows tries auto-logging into, and failing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a nonexistent account at signin that windows tries auto-logging into, and failing...: Every time I start windows, it tries logging into this non-existent local account. Picture 1This account does not exist, and never existed prior to the latest update, and it also still does NOT exist, only at the login screen. So every single time I start my computer now, I...
  4. Im on Windows 10. pc. I need to change my login name on the Windows signin. I can't seem...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im on Windows 10. pc. I need to change my login name on the Windows signin. I can't seem...: Im unable to change my signin name on my version of Windows 10. Im on a pc. I accidentally used my email address when I re loaded Windows, and now I can't remove it. Can anyone help me?...
  5. Im on Windows 10. pc. I need to change my login name on the Windows signin. I can't seem...

Im on Windows 10. pc. I need to change my login name on the Windows signin. I can't seem...: Im unable to change my signin name on my version of Windows 10. Im on a pc. I accidentally used my email address when I re loaded Windows, and now I can't remove it. Can anyone help me?...
  6. Im on Windows 10. pc. I need to change my login name on the Windows signin. I can't seem...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My laptop is stuck on the signin page, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck on the signin page, please help: My laptop is stuck on the signin page. It just shows my username and below that it says signin. And if I press sign in nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-signin-page-please-help/3399dd53-f9b7-4166-bf54-2db8cbee00b5
  8. My laptop is stuck on the signin page, please help

My laptop is stuck on the signin page, please help: My laptop is stuck on the signin page. It just shows my username and below that it says signin. And if I press sign in nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-signin-page-please-help/3399dd53-f9b7-4166-bf54-2db8cbee00b5
  9. OneDrive not SignIn

OneDrive not SignIn: Correlation Id: 15eb2407-0157-4448-baa4-e24380070515Timestamp: 2024-02-13T12:22:29.000ZDPTI: 68c4da555bc20b0816bb886adcf942c22be1739095264a650a39b0d07362514dError Tag: 9o4t9Error Code: -2147023836...
  10. OneDrive not SignIn

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive not SignIn: Correlation Id: 15eb2407-0157-4448-baa4-e24380070515Timestamp: 2024-02-13T12:22:29.000ZDPTI: 68c4da555bc20b0816bb886adcf942c22be1739095264a650a39b0d07362514dError Tag: 9o4t9Error Code: -2147023836...