Windows 10: 'signin with local account' not working

Discus and support 'signin with local account' not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; windows 10 pro version 1803. intel core2 quad. 8Gb ram. accounts-your accounts-signin with local account - not working. accounts-signin options - not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by old1mike, Oct 31, 2018.

1. old1mike Win User

'signin with local account' not working

windows 10 pro version 1803. intel core2 quad. 8Gb ram.
    accounts-your accounts-signin with local account - not working.
    accounts-signin options - not working
    accounts-family&others-others-add - not working.
    I had upgraded from win7 pro.
    Been running logging in via Microsoft account since start. Had internet go down and PC was reset. Could not log in till internet came back up. I have posted question how to fix on Microsoft windows10 forum. Basically was told to just do clean reinstall. That is not an option. Would like to see if anyone can help please.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

old1mike, Oct 31, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 31, 2018
  3. New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. 'signin with local account' not working - Similar Threads - 'signin local account'

2. Accounts - Signin Option Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts - Signin Option Greyed Out: I just got a new computer with Windows 11 and the option to turn off "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device." is greyed out.How do I fix this?...
  3. Accounts - Signin Option Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accounts - Signin Option Greyed Out: I just got a new computer with Windows 11 and the option to turn off "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device." is greyed out.How do I fix this?...
  4. Clock Signin doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock Signin doesn't work: When choosing "Sign In", I select my Microsoft account, after which it sends me back to the main page of the Clock app, but the signin doesn't complete, it's just stuck in an endless loading circle, so it's impossible to sync the tasks from ToDo. Tried methods:Sign out & sign...
  5. Clock Signin doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock Signin doesn't work: When choosing "Sign In", I select my Microsoft account, after which it sends me back to the main page of the Clock app, but the signin doesn't complete, it's just stuck in an endless loading circle, so it's impossible to sync the tasks from ToDo. Tried methods:Sign out & sign...
  6. Remove old user account on signin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove old user account on signin: I'm building a new user profile in Windows 10. I've completed the process but when I sign in, the Welcome screen on the local account it still shows two user accounts. I went into control panel to delete that old account but it is not there. It correctly shows my new...
  7. OneDrive account signin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive account signin: I changed my Microsoft username and OneDrive kept asking for my old username. I was able to change the "account" on OneDrive, however, when attempting to signin, nothing happens and OneDrive will not start....
  8. local account password not working

local account password not working: I cannot get into my Hello screen. Forgot password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-password-not-working/7217c891-d15f-45b2-961c-c999548102a2
  9. How to disable Signin screen of a Standar user local account always?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Signin screen of a Standar user local account always?: Hi, I searched over google to disable the signin screen of a user. i found some links with the same answer given in the below link https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/2-ways-to-automatically-skip-windows-10-login-screen.html But this solution does not work for my need. it...
  10. signin

signin: tried to login but wouldn't accept password, got code for for p/w but says can't use p/w I want because it's an old p/w. l've only ever used 1 p/w, so why can't l signin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signin/e4cdc405-8c86-48a2-99a8-42c3ea955bd6