Windows 10: Signing in after a shutdown

Discus and support Signing in after a shutdown in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello Why do I have to now enter a password after shutdown then enter the PIN? It is ok to enter the PIN as before but now I have to do the 2... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Titi 7, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Titi 7 Win User

Signing in after a shutdown

Hello

Why do I have to now enter a password after shutdown then enter the PIN?

It is ok to enter the PIN as before but now I have to do the 2 why?

Above all the start up screen comes up with some extra small display and prompts that I have to guess to click "OK" through a few times to even get to the screen to enter the PIN.

Is it time to change to Apple?

:)

Titi 7, Apr 19, 2020

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Not signing off on shutdown after Creators Update

Hi,

I have currently 2 user accounts on my computer. After Creators Update, whenever I
    shutdown the system on account A, and then startup again, user A is still with active session. It acts like I hibernated it or something.

Reproduction Steps:

• Startup and Login to A
    • Shutdown
    • Startup and Login to B
    • Shutdown
    What happens:

Upon shutdown, get warned that user A has still an active session. Proceed anyway.

On next startup and Login to A, it will show me that now it is B who has an active session.

Additional Notes:

• I am not Hibernating the machine, I'm Shuting down
    • I have disabled Fast Startup on Power Management options (to see if it would solve this)
    • Might be relevant: Dell XPS 15 9550

RubenMNeves, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Signing in after a shutdown

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Signing in after a shutdown

1. Signing in after a shutdown - Similar Threads - Signing shutdown

2. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: So I found the best way to circumvent this is by just waiting 2 hours, but I don't want to have this be my new normal, it's now the second time this happen, what can I do to prevent this from happening, I tried adding a new password, but ask me about hello which I don't...
  3. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: So I found the best way to circumvent this is by just waiting 2 hours, but I don't want to have this be my new normal, it's now the second time this happen, what can I do to prevent this from happening, I tried adding a new password, but ask me about hello which I don't...
  4. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".: We are regularly getting the following error message on one of our devices:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a difference sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again."We do...
  5. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".

"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".: We are regularly getting the following error message on one of our devices:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a difference sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again."We do...
  6. This sign in option is diabled because of repeated shutdowns always appear when i shut down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign in option is diabled because of repeated shutdowns always appear when i shut down...: So i was fixing my laptop that got virus and ended up shutting down too many times. My laptop is fixed but now, every time i shut it down. I need to wait 2 hours to be able to go inside the desktop if i turn it back on. I think it was caused by my battery since i need to...
  7. This sign in option is diabled because of repeated shutdowns always appear when i shut down...

This sign in option is diabled because of repeated shutdowns always appear when i shut down...: So i was fixing my laptop that got virus and ended up shutting down too many times. My laptop is fixed but now, every time i shut it down. I need to wait 2 hours to be able to go inside the desktop if i turn it back on. I think it was caused by my battery since i need to...
  8. This sign in option is diabled because of repeated shutdowns always appear when i shut down...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again." I got this message when I tried to enter my PIN not knowing why. I have no...
  10. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again." I got this message when I tried to enter my PIN not knowing why. I have no...