Windows 10: signing in to access internet

Discus and support signing in to access internet in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; why do I have to sign-in to Microsoft, to access the internet?? this has never been required for many yrs.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by charlessheppard2, Apr 23, 2019.

1. signing in to access internet

why do I have to sign-in to Microsoft, to access the internet?? this has never been required for many yrs.

:)

charlessheppard2, Apr 23, 2019

2. Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 28, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

signing in to access internet

Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

signing in to access internet

1. signing in to access internet - Similar Threads - signing access internet

2. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  3. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  4. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. User sign-in without internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User sign-in without internet access: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5000 laptop with Windows 11. I updated my computer and now the sign in screen to unlock it just has a button that says "Sign in". When I click that button, it loads for a while then tells me "You'll need internet for this." While at college the...
  6. User sign-in without internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User sign-in without internet access: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5000 laptop with Windows 11. I updated my computer and now the sign in screen to unlock it just has a button that says "Sign in". When I click that button, it loads for a while then tells me "You'll need internet for this." While at college the...
  7. No Internet Access despite having Internet Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Internet Access despite having Internet Access: Internet is working fine, hovering over network icon says:"Unidentified Network No Internet Access"Opening Network & Internet Settings > Status crashes immediately, but other sub categories such as Ethernet/Dial-Up do not crashDIRECTLY RELATED TO Error Code 0x80072F8FDone a...
  8. No Internet Access despite having Internet Access

No Internet Access despite having Internet Access: Internet is working fine, hovering over network icon says:"Unidentified Network No Internet Access"Opening Network & Internet Settings > Status crashes immediately, but other sub categories such as Ethernet/Dial-Up do not crashDIRECTLY RELATED TO Error Code 0x80072F8FDone a...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign-in no Internet Access

Microsoft Account Sign-in no Internet Access: I have already posted the question here Whenever I try to sign in to Microsoft Account (like in Excel or store), I get no internet message even though I have access to internet. I have Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 build 18362.175 Here's the overview of my problem. Notice...
  10. Internet access but no internet

Internet access but no internet: My computer says its got internet access but i cant use the internet?? Help pls 34828