Windows 10: Signing in to account on new computer

Discus and support Signing in to account on new computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; It asks for my password a second time, and it wont accept it as a correct one... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kingkl11, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Kingkl11 Win User

Signing in to account on new computer

It asks for my password a second time, and it wont accept it as a correct one

:)

Kingkl11, Jul 29, 2020

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Signing in to account on new computer :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Signing in to account on new computer

Cortana NOT working. Cant sign into Microsoft account! Brand new computer, less then 24 hours old.

Hi Stacy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to sign out from your current user account, restart your system and try login again in your Microsoft Account.

Also you may refer the below link:

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-live/sign-in-cant

I also suggest you to follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to deploy the System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue.
    Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2: If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Signing in to account on new computer

1. Signing in to account on new computer - Similar Threads - Signing account computer

2. Work account sign in issue on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work account sign in issue on new computer: Good dayI have a new Windows 11 laptop that I'm trying to use with a work Azure account, but on initial setup the menu asking whether I want to sign in with a work account or a personal account is not appearing. It just skips to "Let's add your Microsoft account"When I enter...
  3. Work account sign in issue on new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work account sign in issue on new computer: Good dayI have a new Windows 11 laptop that I'm trying to use with a work Azure account, but on initial setup the menu asking whether I want to sign in with a work account or a personal account is not appearing. It just skips to "Let's add your Microsoft account"When I enter...
  4. Can't Sign in to Microsoft Account on New Computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Sign in to Microsoft Account on New Computer: I recently did set up on a computer whose entire board was replaced by the manufacturer. It was signed into my account previously, but is essentially an entirely new computer at this point, meaning I had to do set up with it once it returned to me. When I went through the...
  5. Can't Sign in to Microsoft Account on New Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Sign in to Microsoft Account on New Computer: I recently did set up on a computer whose entire board was replaced by the manufacturer. It was signed into my account previously, but is essentially an entirely new computer at this point, meaning I had to do set up with it once it returned to me. When I went through the...
  6. Can't Sign in to Microsoft Account on New Computer

7. New Computer - Can't Sign In With Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer - Can't Sign In With Microsoft Account: I just got a new computer with Windows 11. It was pre-configured with a local admin account and I'm trying to add additional accounts. I can add the Microsoft accounts under Settings->Accounts->Family & other users. My problem is that when I try to sign-in with any of those...
  8. New Computer - Can't Sign In With Microsoft Account

New Computer - Can't Sign In With Microsoft Account: I just got a new computer with Windows 11. It was pre-configured with a local admin account and I'm trying to add additional accounts. I can add the Microsoft accounts under Settings->Accounts->Family & other users. My problem is that when I try to sign-in with any of those...
  9. Sign on new computer with microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign on new computer with microsoft account: Hello,I have a new computer. I signed in using a pin. I want to sign in using my microsoft account like I did on my old computer. How do I do this? Last time a support person took over my computer and set it up so that when I signed in I had a choice, to use my pin or to use...
  10. Swap windows computer - new account sign in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swap windows computer - new account sign in: Hi there, I want to give my newish desktop unit to another family member permanently - as her new computer. Trouble is it already has my account attached from when I first started it with preloaded w10. Rather than format the entire PC and start again, so she can log in...