Windows 10: Signing in to MS account from Settings

Discus and support Signing in to MS account from Settings in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I am able to login to my microsoft account from a browser without a problem. However, I am unable to login to my MS account from settings... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EdwardPierce1, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Signing in to MS account from Settings

Hello,

I am able to login to my microsoft account from a browser without a problem. However, I am unable to login to my MS account from settings where my account info is kept. I had an automatic login set there and I unset it to troubleshoot something. Now I can't log back in. I go thru the 2 step process and when I enter my correct password, it is accepted and I get another dialogue box that asks for it "one more time". When I provide it once more I am told it is wrong for this device. I am able to continue trying again and I get the same message and it never cuts me off ... I am able to work as usual without a problem and am able to skype and login to my account online via any of the 3 browsers I have available. Can anyone help me with this?

many thanks!

:)

EdwardPierce1, Nov 30, 2020
  2. antspants Win User

No more sign in with MS Account on install?

Please excuse the horrible quality and randomness of images. No important images pertaining to the question are missing. But I did skip irrelevant common steps when taking photos, just common stuff.
    Signing in to MS account from Settings [​IMG]

At this step, I wasn't given any other choices, this was forced. This also happened disconnected and when skipping key entry.
    I was not given the option to: "Or, even better, use an online account"

antspants, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Signing in to MS account from Settings

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Signing in to MS account from Settings

1. Signing in to MS account from Settings - Similar Threads - Signing account Settings

2. Windows 10 set - can’t sign in to MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 set - can’t sign in to MS account: Going through the set up when I select “Or even better, use an online account” then select personal use. It spins for awhile before returning and forcing a local account set up. Tried again and got error “oobelocal” It is connected to the network....
  3. Windows 10 set - can’t sign in to MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 set - can’t sign in to MS account: Going through the set up when I select “Or even better, use an online account” then select personal use. It spins for awhile before returning and forcing a local account set up. Tried again and got error “oobelocal” It is connected to the network....
  4. Windows 10 set - can’t sign in to MS account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't sign in to ms account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to ms account: Some hours ago I just installed windows 22h2, and after that, this been happening. This was happening in the older version 21h2 as well. I had to always reset the PC, which is bad for the health of my SSD. I'm, tired and frustrated from this buggy windows, please somebody...
  6. Can't sign in to ms account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to ms account: Some hours ago I just installed windows 22h2, and after that, this been happening. This was happening in the older version 21h2 as well. I had to always reset the PC, which is bad for the health of my SSD. I'm, tired and frustrated from this buggy windows, please somebody...
  7. Can't sign in to ms account

8. How to sign in to MS account from second computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sign in to MS account from second computer: Hi, battery of my computer which I use the most is going down therefore, got another computer for emergency from a friend. That is windows 10 Japanese OS. From settings/Network/ I managed to connect WiFi but I got a message MS account can not be confirmed translation from...
  9. How to sign in to MS account from second computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign in to MS account from second computer: Hi, battery of my computer which I use the most is going down therefore, got another computer for emergency from a friend. That is windows 10 Japanese OS. From settings/Network/ I managed to connect WiFi but I got a message MS account can not be confirmed translation from...
  10. How to sign in to MS account from second computer