Windows 10: Signing in to MS account from Settings

Discus and support Signing in to MS account from Settings in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I am able to login to my microsoft account from a browser without a problem. However, I am unable to login to my MS account from settings... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EdwardPierce1, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Signing in to MS account from Settings

Hello,

I am able to login to my microsoft account from a browser without a problem. However, I am unable to login to my MS account from settings where my account info is kept. I had an automatic login set there and I unset it to troubleshoot something. Now I can't log back in. I go thru the 2 step process and when I enter my correct password, it is accepted and I get another dialogue box that asks for it "one more time". When I provide it once more I am told it is wrong for this device. I am able to continue trying again and I get the same message and it never cuts me off ... I am able to work as usual without a problem and am able to skype and login to my account online via any of the 3 browsers I have available. Can anyone help me with this?

many thanks!

:)

EdwardPierce1, Nov 30, 2020
  2. antspants Win User

No more sign in with MS Account on install?

Please excuse the horrible quality and randomness of images. No important images pertaining to the question are missing. But I did skip irrelevant common steps when taking photos, just common stuff.
    Signing in to MS account from Settings [​IMG]

At this step, I wasn't given any other choices, this was forced. This also happened disconnected and when skipping key entry.
    I was not given the option to: "Or, even better, use an online account"

antspants, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Signing in to MS account from Settings

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Signing in to MS account from Settings

1. Signing in to MS account from Settings - Similar Threads - Signing account Settings

2. Settings sign in MS acct. gets an error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Settings sign in MS acct. gets an error: I can login to my account on any browser I just can't login through settings so I can sync it to get MS store to open? I'm trying to find info on the web and have tried several things but none of it has worked. I need help! Thanks EditionWindows 10 HomeVersion20H2Installed...
  3. Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options,

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options,: Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, When I click here nothing happens. Occasionally I can access this dialog by clicking Settings freeze and I have to exit. I can occassionally access by clicking Change the sign-in options after clicking on the windows search....
  4. Sign in to MS account without typing PW

Sign in to MS account without typing PW: Local account signs in without PW. Microsoft account prompts for one at sign in (but not from SLEEP). It appears from the following MS statement that typing is mandatory. Is this the case, or is there a way to auto sign in? "If you don't want to enter your password...
  5. Created MS account, joined to domain, cannot sign on as MS account

Created MS account, joined to domain, cannot sign on as MS account: I just got a Surface Pro 4. I signed into it with my Microsoft account, and later joined it to my work domain. I wanted to use Cortana with Office, so I tried starting it up. It prompted for a Microsoft account, I entered my existing one, and it says "another user on this...
  6. MS account / Alias / Sign in? / Transfer info to another account?

MS account / Alias / Sign in? / Transfer info to another account?: If I make an alias for my MS acoount - can I use that alias to sign in to MS services? How about can I transfer info (such as game details (from MS Store)) to another account (not alias)? 95637
  7. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions: Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I...
  8. signing into my microsoft account from settings

signing into my microsoft account from settings: hi. a blind it student, and using windows 10 64 bit pro 1607 on a toshiba satellite pro c-50-a and i use a screen reader jaws for windows from Freedom Scientific Home Page. and now i have a local account, no password. auto login, but when i try to then fix my microsoft...
  9. Cortana - Unable to sign into MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana - Unable to sign into MS account: Hi I've upgraded to Windows 10. I'm trying to set up Cortana (in UK) and I'm stuck with a sign in problem with MS account. I know my MS account password but the next window asks for my previous password, which I don't remember. In fact, I didn't have to log in to my...
  10. No more sign in with MS Account on install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No more sign in with MS Account on install?: Is it just me or has MS removed the option to sign in during install? It now asks me "What name will be using this PC?" As apposed to using my MS Account email which there seems to be no option for. I've not seen that before. Im doing a clean install with the latest ISO...