Windows 10: Signing in to Windows

Discus and support Signing in to Windows in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; For about the last month or so I have been required to sign in to Windows every time I turn on my desktop computer. My husband is not required to sign... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RemRem117, Aug 5, 2020.

1. RemRem117 Win User

Signing in to Windows

For about the last month or so I have been required to sign in to Windows every time I turn on my desktop computer. My husband is not required to sign in. He just clicks on Enter even though it says sign in and he is taken right to his desktop. Why must I sign in and not him? Thanks.

:)

RemRem117, Aug 5, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 5, 2020
  3. I can't sign in windows store and I can't use acount microsoft to sign in windows

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. Are you still facing the issue?

If yes, Please follow below suggestions:

What happens when you try to sign to Windows Store?

Please give us the complete error message if any.

For Windows store issue you may refer the following suggestion:

I would suggest you to refer to the following steps:

• Press Windows +R Keys to open Run command

• Type wsreset.exe and hit enter

Now, try to open store and see if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Signing in to Windows

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Signing in to Windows

1. Signing in to Windows - Similar Threads - Signing

2. The user profile service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The user profile service failed the sign in: Old Dell Inspiron 15R, i3, 8GBOriginally supplied with Win 8, was upgraded at some stage to Win 10.It was a work machine so I decided to factory reset the machine and wipe all data.The process finished and I was shown the Windows login screen.It still remembers the Windows...
  3. The user profile service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The user profile service failed the sign in: Old Dell Inspiron 15R, i3, 8GBOriginally supplied with Win 8, was upgraded at some stage to Win 10.It was a work machine so I decided to factory reset the machine and wipe all data.The process finished and I was shown the Windows login screen.It still remembers the Windows...
  4. The user profile service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Necesito saber como descargo estos archivos en mi pc; Microsoft Account Sign-in Assist....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Necesito saber como descargo estos archivos en mi pc; Microsoft Account Sign-in Assist....: No encuentro por ningún lado los archivos y ya no se en donde más buscar. Ayudaaaa! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/necesito-saber-como-descargo-estos-archivos-en-mi/95b3452a-67d4-4c08-8da0-8357d76be5f2
  6. Necesito saber como descargo estos archivos en mi pc; Microsoft Account Sign-in Assist....

Necesito saber como descargo estos archivos en mi pc; Microsoft Account Sign-in Assist....: No encuentro por ningún lado los archivos y ya no se en donde más buscar. Ayudaaaa! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/necesito-saber-como-descargo-estos-archivos-en-mi/95b3452a-67d4-4c08-8da0-8357d76be5f2
  7. unable to sign into my microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to sign into my microsoft: A repair place reinstalled Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 They created my last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and not use my last name. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to Settings > AccountsClicked "Sign in with...
  8. unable to sign into my microsoft

unable to sign into my microsoft: A repair place reinstalled Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 They created my last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and not use my last name. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to Settings > AccountsClicked "Sign in with...
  9. unable to sign into my microsoft

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. I cannot sign in to my school account with my district computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign in to my school account with my district computer: This morning I had no problems signing in with my new password but now I cant sign in. I have checked like 100 times that I put everything correctly. I tried to do the password reset but they keep saying authentication failed which does not match up because I took a...