Windows 10: Signing In with a child user account

Discus and support Signing In with a child user account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello! I Tried to Sign-in with a child account. But i can't.. It says ''You need an Internet Connection For This''. But I can Sign-In with the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Supiesh, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Supiesh Win User

Signing In with a child user account

Hello! I Tried to Sign-in with a child account. But i can't.. It says ''You need an Internet Connection For This''. But I can

Sign-In with the administrator Account, WITHOUT Internet Connection.

:)

Supiesh, Mar 14, 2021

2. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Mar 14, 2021
  3. JS1701 Win User
    Can a local user be changed to a child account?

Windows 10 Home
    ver 1909

Hello,

I'm trying to see if there's a way to change a local account (standard user) to a child account so it can be managed in the Microsoft Family?

I tried to follow the steps here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-c8f8cca1d52f

but there's no option for "family and other users".

They do not have Microsoft accounts. Do I need to basically create a new child account at Windows setup?

Any assistance appreciated.

JS1701, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Signing In with a child user account - Similar Threads - Signing child user

2. Childs account linked to local user admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Childs account linked to local user admin account: Hi,I use a local account in windows 11 which has administer privileges. After I had logged my child into the xbox app their email address has been associated with the local account and now all the child safe settings have been applied to the local admin account and I can't...
  3. Childs account linked to local user admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Childs account linked to local user admin account: Hi,I use a local account in windows 11 which has administer privileges. After I had logged my child into the xbox app their email address has been associated with the local account and now all the child safe settings have been applied to the local admin account and I can't...
  4. Sign out of child account on local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign out of child account on local account: I created a local account and on the windows store I signed in as a child account, which ended up changing my local account to use the child account. I now can't use xbox gamepass and when I go into settings there isn't an option to sign out of the account. How do I sign out...
  5. Sign out of child account on local account

Sign out of child account on local account: I created a local account and on the windows store I signed in as a child account, which ended up changing my local account to use the child account. I now can't use xbox gamepass and when I go into settings there isn't an option to sign out of the account. How do I sign out...
  6. Child's Family User Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child's Family User Account Password: Hi. I just created a family user account on my computer for my kids. I created an email to do so, but never created a password for the account. I did not want my kids to have to have to enter a password in order to sign in to the computer. The family user account is active on...
  7. Screen time on child user account

Screen time on child user account: I just purchased a laptop with Windows 10 for the kids to do homework on and set up user and email accounts for each of them. I noticed however that whenever they try to open google chrome or start a zoom meeting with their teacher, they have a screen time request pop up...
  8. Child account sign-in for Minecraft 10

Child account sign-in for Minecraft 10: Hello, I've installed Minecraft 10 for Windows on my computer so that my daughter can play. I logged in under my Microsoft account initially, but would like to switch it to my daughter's account. I created a child account under Microsoft Family, but can't figure out how to...
  9. user accounts & signing in.

user accounts & signing in.: Belarc shows the following users on my refurbished Win10 desktop. [img] What is the defaultuser0 dated 1/22/2017 in the local user accounts section? --- That’s the date I turned on the computer for the first time. --- Where is it in my computer? Can I use it for...
  10. User Account not signing in

User Account not signing in: I have two user accounts on my PC. One local(password protected) and the other Outlook account(admin). Recently i am not able to sign-in to my local account, when i enter the user password, the welcome screen appears and after that signing-out screen appears and takes me...