Windows 10: Signing into Google in Firefox

Discus and support Signing into Google in Firefox in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm currently on Windows 10. When I sign into Google in Firefox, close the Firefox application and open it up again it doesn't remember that I signed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Maximus34672, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Signing into Google in Firefox

I'm currently on Windows 10. When I sign into Google in Firefox, close the Firefox application and open it up again it doesn't remember that I signed into Google. How do I set Firefox so that I stay signed into Google.

submitted by /u/Maximus34672
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Maximus34672, Apr 5, 2020
  2. convul Win User

Google sign-in

Re signing in to this forum: the Remember Me tick (check?) ready waiting for me when I sign in, but it doesn't auto sign in now. So when I sign in there is a Remember Me tick in the box but it doesn't remember me. Perhaps that is how it should be, if it doesn't auto sign in?
    I re-tried the Firefox < about*Tonguereferences etc > suggestion and there are no ticks in the 'Remember Log-ins for Sites' box.
    I wasn't born for this excitement.

convul, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

Keep in mind the default page for Firefox is Google search. Coincidence? I think not.

PVTCaboose1337, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Signing into Google in Firefox

How to stay signed on on Firefox?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are signed out of Outlook Mail in Firefox even if the Stay signed in option is selected. I’ll help you with this issue.

It could be possible that the browser is set to clear cookies. You may want to add an exception for Outlook.com and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Firefox and click on the
      Hamburger button (3 dash)
    2. Click on Options.
    3. Now, click on Privacy & Security.
    4. Scroll down to Cookies and site data section.
    5. Make sure the checkbox for Delete Cookies and site data when Firefox is closed is unchecked.
    6. To add an exception, click on Manage Permissions and add Outlook.com.

For more information, see
    Control whether Firefox automatically fills in forms
    and

How to fix preferences that won't save

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Signing into Google in Firefox

1. Signing into Google in Firefox - Similar Threads - Signing Google Firefox

2. "Sign in with Google" prompt Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Sign in with Google" prompt Firefox: "Sign in with Google" prompt is turned OFF but it is still popping up on every website. I have no linked accounts. Does anyone know how to end this annoying pop up. I am using latest Firefox and duckduck go. * Moved from Community Center* Firefox added to title...
  3. "Sign in with Google" prompt Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Sign in with Google" prompt Firefox: "Sign in with Google" prompt is turned OFF but it is still popping up on every website. I have no linked accounts. Does anyone know how to end this annoying pop up. I am using latest Firefox and duckduck go. * Moved from Community Center* Firefox added to title...
  4. Firefox slow and Google slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox slow and Google slow: Why does Microsoft IE and Edge work fine; however, these other browsers are slow. I read a complaint about this same issue from 2018 and other years. Apparently you are the culprit! You are the cause of the slowdown. I hope this can't be remedied. This is...
  5. Firefox - search with google irritation

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - search with google irritation: On my workstation I've had Firefox for many years, updating as required, and now at 65.0.2 (64bit). A short while back I recall seeing a bar pop up under the URL window as I entered data, with suggested search results a la 'search with google' I found this irritating and...
  6. Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome vs Firefox: I use to use Google Chrome but switched over to Firefox in the last year or two (since they re-vamped it) i didn't like the old Firefox but the new one is very nice...and i don't care much for Edge at all... After reading about Microsoft's plans to re-do Edge into a Chrome...
  7. Getting Google on Firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Google on Firefox: I have my default search engine set for Google in Firefox. But Firefox will not allow google to come up. I get this error message: "Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page". It does this twice after I click "allow" and then instead of...
  8. Bing to google for firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Bing to google for firefox: don't know if it has been posted yet but Install this script and no more bing with cortana *Party Bing to Google 13043
  9. google search with firefox gets reloaded?

in Browsers and Email
    google search with firefox gets reloaded?: bit of an odd question. when using firefox, i search (google by default) with the old separate search box. noticed today (or last day or 2?) that it opens the results in a new tab (which is normal), but that is then reloaded immediately. it would appear it first opens a...
  10. Google sign-in

in Browsers and Email
    Google sign-in: New pc, W10. I am sorry to be asking another simple question, but I am being led round and round in a tight circle by Google. After starting the pc I have always had to sign in to my Google email accounts with my address and password, which is the way I prefer it. This pc...