Windows 10: Signing into laptop

Discus and support Signing into laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to change the user account for log in to my laptop. When attempting to do so, I’m asked for a domain, and advised to use my laptop domain. When... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SusanLussem, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Signing into laptop

I need to change the user account for log in to my laptop. When attempting to do so, I’m asked for a domain, and advised to use my laptop domain. When i add my username email adress and password i get error message - either username or password is not correct

i can’t access laptop, so can’t change anything on it until past the login issue

:)

SusanLussem, Sep 1, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 1, 2020
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Signing into laptop

Inability to sign on to my laptop

Hi,

It's possible for you to change the sign-in method of your computer once you're logged in. Since you can't remember your password, if you're using your Microsoft account, we suggest that you follow the steps
    provided in this article: When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.
    If you're using a local account, follow the steps here instead: Reset
    your Windows 10 local account password

Once you're able to sign in, you can change the sign-in options by following these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Sign-in options.

• Press Enter.

• Under PIN, click Add.

• Enter your password or any other required information when prompted and click
      OK.

• Enter at PIN number with at least 4 digits and click OK.

Let us know if you need help with any other concerns.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Signing into laptop

1. Signing into laptop - Similar Threads - Signing laptop

2. I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...: I cannot change any of my security settings it's says site unavailable til my phone number updates I need my laptop for school https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-into-my-laptop-and-i-had-to-update/2bafd1da-c479-4b65-a307-d79eb3962d47
  3. I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...: I cannot change any of my security settings it's says site unavailable til my phone number updates I need my laptop for school https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-into-my-laptop-and-i-had-to-update/2bafd1da-c479-4b65-a307-d79eb3962d47
  4. I cannot sign into my laptop and I had to update my recovery number due to no longer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?: My Laptop has had two sign-in options and honestly I forgot the password but have finally remembered the pattern on the picture password to open it up but challenge now is; it is not giving me the option to have even the sign-in options but rather only to input password of...
  6. Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?: My Laptop has had two sign-in options and honestly I forgot the password but have finally remembered the pattern on the picture password to open it up but challenge now is; it is not giving me the option to have even the sign-in options but rather only to input password of...
  7. Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?

8. my laptop won't let me sign in windows 11 when i click on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop won't let me sign in windows 11 when i click on sign in: So my laptop was on last night and I didn't Trun it off so when I woke up my laptop was shutdown and when i turned it back on and clicked on sign in was signing in with the name New user instead of my name and then instead of going to windows page it just brought me back to...
  9. my laptop won't let me sign in windows 11 when i click on sign in

my laptop won't let me sign in windows 11 when i click on sign in: So my laptop was on last night and I didn't Trun it off so when I woke up my laptop was shutdown and when i turned it back on and clicked on sign in was signing in with the name New user instead of my name and then instead of going to windows page it just brought me back to...
  10. How do I turn off required sign-in to my microsoft account to use my laptop? Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I turn off required sign-in to my microsoft account to use my laptop? Windows 10: I arrive at work, hit the power button on my new laptop lenovo ideapad, if that matters - and I have to sign into my microsoft account with a code sent to my email to do anything. Obviously, this is an unnecessary bit of hassle even when I have access to wi-fi, and absolutely...