Windows 10: Signing into Microosft Account, Error message: Couldn't use regular account, use your work...

Discus and support Signing into Microosft Account, Error message: Couldn't use regular account, use your work... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I tried signing into my Microsoft account and was told I couldn't use my regular account. I was told I had to use my work or school account. Neither of... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RichardKeebler, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Signing into Microosft Account, Error message: Couldn't use regular account, use your work...

I tried signing into my Microsoft account and was told I couldn't use my regular account. I was told I had to use my work or school account. Neither of those have ever existed. Can anybody explain that to me.

***Modified Title from: Signing into Microsoft***

:)

RichardKeebler, Feb 23, 2019
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Signing into Microosft Account, Error message: Couldn't use regular account, use your work... :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Feb 23, 2019
  4. spunk Win User

Signing into Microosft Account, Error message: Couldn't use regular account, use your work...

spunk, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Signing into Microosft Account, Error message: Couldn't use regular account, use your work...

1. Signing into Microosft Account, Error message: Couldn't use regular account, use your work... - Similar Threads - Signing Microosft Account

2. Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account": https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account-pop-up/de078d57-fb06-4010-8833-c7972457af5bThe link above is the problem I'm having. I've tried everything except the DISM commands. So far I've tried Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  3. "We can't sign in to your account" error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We can't sign in to your account" error message: It all started with my local repair computer system format on my laptop and when I change c/users/username in Windows 11 to my real name and I restarted, that was when the issue began.I have done it in safe mode and the registry editor:...
  4. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account: When I open "Settings" in windows and go to account I am asked to sign into my Microsoft account, which I do but when it asks me for my password a second time it says it's incorrect. I haven't changed the password. I saw a couple of people asking the same thing. The replies...
  5. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account: When I open "Settings" in windows and go to account I am asked to sign into my Microsoft account, which I do but when it asks me for my password a second time it says it's incorrect. I haven't changed the password. I saw a couple of people asking the same thing. The replies...
  6. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account, but it doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account, but it doesn't work?: I have this issue with my computer. I recently got it fixed, they changed the hard drive & restarted the computer, now I've been trying to log into my account but it doesn't let me. I sign in perfectly fine on my phone but not the computer. It asks me to sign into the...
  8. Couldn't install updates using the account you're signed in with

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Couldn't install updates using the account you're signed in with: I have an unexpected Windows Update problem: a recent update apparently can't be installed "using the account" I'm "signed in with". Now, the account I'm using is practically the only account on the machine apart from the built-in Administrator account. It is a local account,...
  9. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account, but doesnt work?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account, but doesnt work?: [ATTACH] I always get the first password right, but when I type in the same thing here it just gives me this error message. What password does it want???...
  10. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account: When I open "Settings" in windows and go to accounts I am prompted to sign into my Microsoft account, which I do but when it asks me for my password a second time it says incorrect information submitted. I haven't changed this password and I also use it for my Xbox and...