Windows 10: signing into my office account

Discus and support signing into my office account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after entering my password for my office I get an error message of 'something went wrong'. I am definitely putting in the correct password. how do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Seve1122, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Seve1122 Win User

signing into my office account

after entering my password for my office I get an error message of 'something went wrong'. I am definitely putting in the correct password. how do I resolve this so that I can use word and excel etc?

Many thanks

:)

Seve1122, Jan 20, 2019

2. Office 365 on Continuum

The following steps worked for me (don't ask me how or why signing into my office account :( ):

• Click any office app on windows phone.
    • In the screen, it shows New, Browse & recent files. It also shows my name/account at the top-right.
    • Clicking on you name/account at top-right shows 2 accounts associated with this application.
      • Personal Account
      • Official Account
    • Clicking on any of these accounts, only gives an option to sign-out.
    • Since Microsoft Support technical team suggested that I reset my device. I did not want to reinstall all the apps, take backups & then reconfigure all of these again after the reset, unless it was the only option left.
    • With no better option, I clicked sign-out on both the accounts listed in step 4 above. I then signed in with my official account. I was able to create new Office documents now.
    • I logged-in to my other personal account also now. My office app still worked & allows me to access onedrive associated with both my personal & business accounts.

I was facing the same issues & even had multiple calls with Microsoft Support & waiting for a resolution.

Going through the above thread, I realized that multiple Microsoft accounts (personal & office) are associated with these apps. When I signed out of both these accounts from within the app & signed back in, I was able to edit using the office apps.

Hope this helps!

Arvind-Tiwari, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. signing into my office account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jan 20, 2019
  4. signing into my office account

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

signing into my office account

1. signing into my office account - Similar Threads - signing office account

2. My laptop will not sign into the school account for MS office.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop will not sign into the school account for MS office.: What I can do is.I can Sign in to MS Teams + OneNote on my PC and phone at home.I can sign into MSO365 on my PC + phone and Laptop through the web browser.What I cannot do is on my Laptop sign into MS Team or OneNote on my Laptop. The Laptop will not process the login.Yes the...
  3. My laptop will not sign into the school account for MS office.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop will not sign into the school account for MS office.: What I can do is.I can Sign in to MS Teams + OneNote on my PC and phone at home.I can sign into MSO365 on my PC + phone and Laptop through the web browser.What I cannot do is on my Laptop sign into MS Team or OneNote on my Laptop. The Laptop will not process the login.Yes the...
  4. Cannot sign in to Windows 10 with Office 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot sign in to Windows 10 with Office 365 account: I have a small domain/ tenacy with 5 users. We all have Windows 10 pro and Office 365 accounts.2 of the 5 accounts, can use office 365 accounts to sign and 3 cannot.ACCOUNTS THAT ALLOW OFFICE ACCOUNT TO LOG IN WINDOWS 10james@**** - This has a personal account and work...
  5. does signing into microsoft office sign into that account for your whole computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does signing into microsoft office sign into that account for your whole computer?: I signed into microsoft office with my school account since it gives it to me for free, does that sign into my school account for my whole computer? I don't want that because it'll download some proctor like stuff tracking everything I do, so I just want to make sure it's not...
  6. Signing into my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signing into my account: I recently sent my computer in for a screen replaent at HP. The tech support signed me out of my account and changed it to a local account. I am no struggling to sign back into my account. It ceeps sending me to a page that asks for my current windows password....
  7. Cannot sign in office account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot sign in office account.: Hello there, All the sudden, I am unable to sign in microsoft account even I have tried many ways suggested from internet. All my purchased office 365 in showed no license. Would you please help me out? Thank you, TC...
  8. microsoft office sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    microsoft office sign in: I have been invited into a family office account and have been accepted into the family, yet I cannot access Microsoft features like word and power-point. If I try it offers me a free month trial or the opportunity to buy office, my family has alredy bought office for three...
  9. Sign in to Office 365 with Google account using new Simpler Sign-on

in Windows 10 News
    Sign in to Office 365 with Google account using new Simpler Sign-on: We’re excited to announce Customer Preview of simpler sign-on from G Suite to Office 365! Many G Suite for Education customers have told us that they’d like to use Office 365, but their students have trouble remembering two sets of passwords. With this new solution, they...
  10. OneDrive not signing in with office 365 account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneDrive not signing in with office 365 account: Hi, I'm struggling to get a user logged back into there one drive using there office365 account since resetting there profile. They can log into office.com and see there one drive from there. When i come to log into OneDrive from the users PC i get prompted to click get...