Windows 10: Signing into Outlook (gmail) without Oauth?

Discus and support Signing into Outlook (gmail) without Oauth? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to create an app password for my outlook as I used to do to login to my gmail account. Microsoft seems to try to force gmail users to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/man_with_cat2, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Signing into Outlook (gmail) without Oauth?

I want to create an app password for my outlook as I used to do to login to my gmail account. Microsoft seems to try to force gmail users to authenticate the Microsoft app to Google instead of allowing a regular IMAP/SMTP password.

I get that they want to auth against Google so they get users' personal information, but is there anyway to trick Outlook into allowing me to login with a regular password via IMAP? I don't believe Outlook needs access to any other information.

submitted by /u/man_with_cat2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/man_with_cat2, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Use OAuth or secure mail key for email apps

I am getting the following notice about using an email which I do. I am using windows 8.1. I don't know the name of the email app that I am using. Do I need to do anything to continue getting my email? Thank you for any help that you can offer.

Access AT&T email with an email app that uses OAuth

If you’re like most people, you have email apps that let you read and manage email on your computer and mobile devices. For your security, we suggest you only use email apps with an email technology known as Open Authentication or OAuth.
    OAuth encrypts your username and password to protect your info from hackers and fraudsters.

[table][tr][td]iPhones & iPads running iOS 9.0 and above[/td][td]
    • Apple Mail
    • Outlook Mobile
    • Yahoo Mail app
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]Android devices running Lollipop/5.0 or above[/td][td]
    • Gmail
    • Outlook Mobile
    • Yahoo Mail app
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mac computer running OS 10.11/El Capitan or above[/td][td]Apple Mail[/td][/tr][tr][td]PC running Windows 10[/td][td]Windows Mail[/td][/tr][tr][td]Email app not listed?Here’s a quick way to find out if your email app uses OAuth. Start setting up a new email account in your app. Your app may offer you a list of email providers that includes Yahoo. If it does, your email app is OAuth compatible. Be sure to select Yahoo as your provider. You’re all set![/td][/tr][/table]

Non-OAuth compatible email apps

• Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016
    • Mozilla Thunderbird
    • Windows Mail on personal computers running Windows 8 or older
    • Apple Mail/Mac Mail on macOS 10.10/Yosemite or older

We suggest you switch to an email app that has OAuth. Get step-by-step instructions on how to set up or update your email account in several popular email apps, using our Troubleshoot
    & Resolve Tool.

Access AT&T email through an email app using a secure mail key

If you prefer to use an email app that isn’t compatible with OAuth, you’ll have to create a special code called a secure mail key. You’ll use this secure mail key instead of your AT&T password when you set up an email app.

Learn how to create a secure mail key

Access AT&T email at att.net

You can always use your regular password to access your AT&T email at att.net through a Web browser.

johnsonconnie, Dec 16, 2019
  4. jacobacci Win User

Signing into Outlook (gmail) without Oauth?

Support for Google OAUTH in Outlook for Windows ?

Hi all
    I read here that Outlook 2016 for Mac is getting Google OAUTH support. Does anyone know, if OAUTH support is also coming for Outlook 2016 for Windows?
    Thanks a lot and best regards

jacobacci, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Signing into Outlook (gmail) without Oauth?

1. Signing into Outlook (gmail) without Oauth? - Similar Threads - Signing Outlook gmail

2. Outlook and gmail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook and gmail: I have been fighting Outlook on the PC and gmail and finally just stuck with Mail on Windows 10 and all is fine. Today I took the offer to update Outlook on a Mac and get the message that Outlook was not compatible with gmail. It is hard to believe that outlook can't handle...
  3. outlook 2016 and gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016 and gmail: Am having issues with the combination of Gmail and Outlook 2016> When sending an email through Outlook, mails are send twice with the second mail as a 0B sized e-mail. Disabeling the "save sended e-mails" option in Outlook didnt work. Anyone who can help me with this?...
  4. Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders

Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders: My mum used a Sky email address (they use yahoo for their emails) but they've changed their security and i can't get their app password generator to work so i've decided to use her gmail account. I've eventually got outlook 2010 set up with her gmail account as pop but the...
  5. G Suite Legacy, Outlook 2016, and OAUTH =

G Suite Legacy, Outlook 2016, and OAUTH =: Starting February 15, 2021, G Suite accounts will only allow access to apps using OAuth. Password-based access will no longer be supported. I have G Suite Legacy and Outlook 2016. There appears to be no upgrade path to OAUTH when using G Suite Legacy and Outlook 2016...
  6. Outlook Web and Gmail sync

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook Web and Gmail sync: I use Outlook Live as main hub for email and I have a Gmail folder. It works ok but there are a few glitches. 1) (not very annoying) It seems there's a delay in Outlook from the time I actually receive an email in Gmail's Inbox. My Outlook app on the phone syncs ok, but...
  7. Outlook 2019 and gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2019 and gmail: Hey guys, I cant get outlook 2019 to connect to gmail. My install of windows is fresh (1909) and so is microsoft office 2019. Hotmail is connected. I have imap set up in my google account and the app password generated. Any ideas? also the mail in windows wouldn't connect to...
  8. gmail problems with outlook and edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gmail problems with outlook and edge: I can't change my gmail password in outlook using edge as my browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-problems-with-outlook-and-edge/6d6489f9-1065-4877-b5de-e62c1808f40f
  9. My outlook account does not recognize my gmail account and will not sign in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My outlook account does not recognize my gmail account and will not sign in: My outlook account does not recognize my gmail account and will not sign in. It has been doing this a few days. I reinstalled it once and it seemed to fix the problem but now it is doing it again....
  10. Support for Google OAUTH in Outlook for Windows ?

Support for Google OAUTH in Outlook for Windows ?: Hi all I read here that Outlook 2016 for Mac is getting Google OAUTH support. Does anyone know, if OAUTH support is also coming for Outlook 2016 for Windows? Thanks a lot and best regards 114941

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oauth error trying to log into yahoo mail from android