Windows 10: signing on to my spare laptop

Discus and support signing on to my spare laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I forgot my password to sign on to my spare laptop. The laptop tells me I can sign in with my Microsoft password, but that doesn't work. Running Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnmiuccio1, Aug 27, 2018.

1. signing on to my spare laptop

I forgot my password to sign on to my spare laptop. The laptop tells me I can sign in with my Microsoft password, but that doesn't work. Running Win 10. any suggestions?

:)

johnmiuccio1, Aug 27, 2018

2. can't log on to my spare laptop

Hi Dave,

If you've successfully reset the password for the Microsoft Account that you are using as your login credentials, you should be able to sign into the device using the new password that you've set up. It is important that your spare laptop is connected to
    the internet so that the changes that you made to your Microsoft Account would be synchronized to the device. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your spare laptop?
    • Have you encountered any error message when you tried to use the new password? If yes, kindly provide the error message and error code.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 28, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

signing on to my spare laptop

Inability to sign on to my laptop

Hi,

It's possible for you to change the sign-in method of your computer once you're logged in. Since you can't remember your password, if you're using your Microsoft account, we suggest that you follow the steps
    provided in this article: When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.
    If you're using a local account, follow the steps here instead: Reset
    your Windows 10 local account password

Once you're able to sign in, you can change the sign-in options by following these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Sign-in options.

• Press Enter.

• Under PIN, click Add.

• Enter your password or any other required information when prompted and click
      OK.

• Enter at PIN number with at least 4 digits and click OK.

Let us know if you need help with any other concerns.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

signing on to my spare laptop

1. signing on to my spare laptop - Similar Threads - signing spare laptop

2. Moving spare drives to a new computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving spare drives to a new computer.: I just built my new computer and installed windows on a new drive. I've moved my spare drives D:, E: and F: on the old puter to the computer and now they all have "System Reserved" partitions and my data isn't accessible. Any idea how to get to these files? Any help...
  3. trouble in signing in to my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    trouble in signing in to my laptop: Hi there! I'm unable to sign in to my laptop as i have forgotten the password. On the scree it's showing tro set up pin.. but its not working, also my finger print is not working too. please help me resolve this. I'm using dell inspiron 5502. Windows 10 20H2 64bit...
  4. Cannot clean/format spare drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot clean/format spare drive: Last time I opened up my PC, I installed an old ~600 GB HDD from a previous computer. I recently decided (after a headache involving the BIOS deciding it wanted to boot to said drive) to format it, and reclaim that space for my current PC. However, every time I try to get...
  5. Text disappearing after there are no lines to spare

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text disappearing after there are no lines to spare: Hi, I am using cmd version 10.0.18363.418. It just functions normally before. Then once, I tried the command "cmd /?". It doesn't matter what command you use, if it needs too much lines, the previous lines will go off. Here are some screenshots: [ATTACH][ATTACH] As you can...
  6. Can’t sign into my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t sign into my laptop: Okay so i restarted my laptop and after it was done restarting i went to sign into my laptop and its saying that my password is wrong when i know for a fact its not. I tried everything like restart it in safe mode and just keep restarting it. I also changed the password for...
  7. Spare product key

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Spare product key: I'm unemployed so not much money spare, does anyone have a computer / laptop they no longer need with an MS office product key they no longer require? 142247
  8. The power module on my laptop died, so I installed my hard drive in a spare laptop. Now...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The power module on my laptop died, so I installed my hard drive in a spare laptop. Now...: The power module on my laptop died, so I installed my hard drive in a spare laptop. Now Windows is not activated. How can I get it activated? No error code. Went through troubleshooting with no luck. Tried "Talk to an Agent" which is actually a robot. I had no way of...
  9. Insider on a spare computer

in Windows 10 News
    Insider on a spare computer: I read most of the stuff posted here on News as I'm interested in what's going on Win 10 wise. However I have to be able to rely on both my laptop and 'main' PC and can't afford for either to be disrupted either by Insider builds or by possibly problematic feature updates...
  10. How safe is it to install it on a spare drive in my PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    How safe is it to install it on a spare drive in my PC?: Hey all, I've had a spare SSD laying around so I decided to pop it into my case and install the Technical Preview on it. I read up on how it's safer to use it in a VM and that it's dangerous to install it onto a drive, but I think that's more pointed at people who...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to log in to a laptop spare-laptop