Windows 10: signing on with administrator user name & password

Discus and support signing on with administrator user name & password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; always signed in with Microsoft account & password next am after upgrade to windows 10 version 1803 I had an administrator account on the opening page.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by elizabethxk, Sep 30, 2018.

1. signing on with administrator user name & password

always signed in with Microsoft account & password next am after upgrade to windows 10 version 1803 I had an administrator account on the opening page. I signed in with MS account. Anything I wanted to do or change went to the sign in with administrator account with username & password. I never had one before so everything I tried was wrong, I tried probably tried at least 100 combos. I asked the question on bing & tried many of the answers include=ing going into CMD Prompt as administrator & typed what I was told & it said both times it was successful. When I tried to sign in again it said one or both were wrong. I tried to do many things but everything needed admin account. AGAIN I tried many days to fix it my self stupidly like I always do. Before this someone hacked my eBay account & bought $429.99 item & the person at eBay told me it happened when I changed my password & got the link from my email to go back & change my password. I have malewarebytes & I don't understand this at all. I have spent more time trying to fix things than anything else & I'm disabled & housebound & in constant pain so I buy everything online. I have to fix my wi-fi back to secured account I'm on an open guest now. Can anyone PLEASE help me? Thank you. Elizabeth

:)

elizabethxk, Sep 30, 2018
  2. skim33 Win User

User Account Control displays administrator names

Hi Devlin,

Thank you for replying and for taking the time to help me with this. I made the suggested adjustments for the standard user and it does prompt me to enter credentials, but only for the password. The username portion of the prompt displays both of the admin
    accounts (names) I created on the machine. If possible I would like to have the prompt with blank boxes for the user name and the password.

skim33, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 30, 2018
  4. signing on with administrator user name & password

the user name or password is incorrect. try again

Hi Rich,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Click on the Start button and click on the Settings option.

• Select Update & security > Recovery.

• Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt.

• Once you can boot into the command prompt, type "net user administrator /active:yes"

and click Enter. This will activate hidden administrator account.

• Now, close command prompt and remove installation media. Boot back to Windows 10 normal mode and sign in to Administrator account. You do not need a password for hidden admin account.

• Create a new administrator account from the admin account.

• Once you created a new account (Steps to create new account will be provided in the end), sign out of the hidden admin account and then boot into the newly created account.

• When you have successfully signed into the new account, copy all the files from the following path c:/Users/Forgotten_Account_Name
      to a secure path.

• Now, you can disable the hidden admin account and use the new account.

• To disable hidden admin account press
      Windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the Elevated Command prompt, type "net user administrator /active:no"

and click Enter. This will disable hidden administrator account.
    You can now use the newly created admin account to login to the system.

To create a new test user account follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user NewAccount password /add
      and click Enter.
    • Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.
    • Log off from the system and login to the new user account.
    • If your start menu and other applications work fine then you can transfer all your data to the new account.
    • Remember your new account name is "NewAccount" and its password is "password" as mentioned in the commands.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

signing on with administrator user name & password

1. signing on with administrator user name & password - Similar Threads - signing administrator user

2. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes require an administrator user name and password.: Hello. I inherited a Windows 10 PC from my father. I have purchased an updated version of Office and was trying to uninstall the 2007 version he was using. When I went to uninstall, I got the message below. I do not know how to enter the admin user name and password and I do...
  3. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes require an administrator user name and password.: Hello. I inherited a Windows 10 PC from my father. I have purchased an updated version of Office and was trying to uninstall the 2007 version he was using. When I went to uninstall, I got the message below. I do not know how to enter the admin user name and password and I do...
  4. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. passwords and user names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    passwords and user names: Irrespective of using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome I need to sign in all programs from scratch, plugging in the user name and password, every time I turn on the computer or even sometimes when I just go out of a program and back in. This is true for all programs, eg....
  6. Change administrator sign-in name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change administrator sign-in name: I got married and want to change my log-in surname. After several attempts I am still stucked with my maiden name. Please help. I am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-sign-in-name/4cbe0aac-a317-4f1f-b5f1-7fce71faa8d8
  7. windows request every time administrator user name and password

windows request every time administrator user name and password: Hello, windows is asking me admin username and password every time i do one of the following: 1. go to run> type "msconfig" 2. update and security > reset this pc or go back to a previous version in general when i go to "regedit" and "sam" i am getting the message that...
  8. administrator user name / password

administrator user name / password: I forgot my user name/password for my administrator account. How can I find this information. I need this to do different things. I have been unable to check ,fix ect. Is there resolution to this problem/...
  9. User names and Passwords

User names and Passwords: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It is set to save passwords and asks whether or not I want it to save, which I do. But when I go back to that webpage, it isn't filling in my ID & PW. What do I need to do?...
  10. Change name for user (administrator)

Change name for user (administrator): I am the administrator on my computer and I cannot figure out how to change my name on Windows 10.... When I go to control panel there is no option to change username under the users section. When I change it by pressing Windows button + R and typing netplwiz it does not...