Windows 10: signing with account and password - how to reset netbook that I don't need to sign all the...

Discus and support signing with account and password - how to reset netbook that I don't need to sign all the... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I wanted to change name on introductory screen. I end up instead of change getting request to change my password for Microsoft account. Now when... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VeraSukopova, Nov 28, 2018.

1. signing with account and password - how to reset netbook that I don't need to sign all the...

I wanted to change name on introductory screen. I end up instead of change getting request to change my password for Microsoft account. Now when netbook opens screen there is name and below it sentence something like password or name is not correct with a small window with "OK"

When I click on OK, on the bottom screen is twice my name. When I click on one, I have to type microsoft account name and password. Or when I click on the second my name, I have to type my name and the same password.

I want to get of rid of signing in and password. I didn't have this problem until I want to change name on introductory screen.

I tried several recommendations as well as watching advice on You tube but nothing worked so far, including troubleshooting apps etc.

Thanks for suggestions.

:)

VeraSukopova, Nov 28, 2018

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

signing with account and password - how to reset netbook that I don't need to sign all the...

Signing into Windows 10 password error...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Change under Change your account password.
    • Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Add under
      PIN
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems please follow the link below .

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

signing with account and password - how to reset netbook that I don't need to sign all the...

1. signing with account and password - how to reset netbook that I don't need to sign all the... - Similar Threads - signing account password

2. How to reset password on sign on for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to reset password on sign on for Windows 10: How to reset sign on password for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-password-on-sign-on-for-windows-10/04adb264-0639-4c72-8057-a4b00e4451c5
  3. How to reset password on sign on for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset password on sign on for Windows 10: How to reset sign on password for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-password-on-sign-on-for-windows-10/04adb264-0639-4c72-8057-a4b00e4451c5
  4. How do I sign in to my administrators account when I don't have the password or reset disk...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I sign in to my administrators account when I don't have the password or reset disk...: When I tried to sign into my PC I got a message stating something happened and my PIN is no longer available. The message directs me to reset my PIN by clicking the reset pin option, however the option does not do anything. This is the only account with admin privileges and I...
  5. How do I sign in to my administrators account when I don't have the password or reset disk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I sign in to my administrators account when I don't have the password or reset disk...: When I tried to sign into my PC I got a message stating something happened and my PIN is no longer available. The message directs me to reset my PIN by clicking the reset pin option, however the option does not do anything. This is the only account with admin privileges and I...
  6. How do I sign in to my administrators account when I don't have the password or reset disk...

7. I need to reset the password I use to sign into Microsoft cloud.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to reset the password I use to sign into Microsoft cloud.: I need to reset the password I use to sign into Microsoft cloud. My email has changed and my phine number has changed since I was last signed in. How do I do this?...
  8. I need to reset the password I use to sign into Microsoft cloud.

I need to reset the password I use to sign into Microsoft cloud.: I need to reset the password I use to sign into Microsoft cloud. My email has changed and my phine number has changed since I was last signed in. How do I do this?...
  9. I need to reset the password I use to sign into Microsoft cloud.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Password reset for signing into pc

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password reset for signing into pc: I have a Microsoft account connected to my machine. However, I have forgotten my password and security questions since I never use them. When I tried to reset the password in the Microsoft web and succeed, the same password should have applied to my machine for signing in....